Miscellaneous Stuf - Page 9 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree93Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #121 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 7,442
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
I'm a trained economist, folks.
Is this true? This seems like the type of thing one says as they begin to unveil their alter ego.
res likes this.
sjhawk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #122 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,848
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2056 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Across quite a few areas of the contemporary world, it might be time to read up on M. Robespierre. The über powerful can’t seem to understand any other type of approach. College athletics needs its own figurative guillotine.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #123 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 7,442
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
Across quite a few areas of the contemporary world, it might be time to read up on M. Robespierre. The über powerful can’t seem to understand any other type of approach. College athletics needs its own figurative guillotine.
What does a violent overthrow of the NCAA look like for the citizenry?
Bill Russell and res like this.

Last edited by sjhawk13; 03-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.
sjhawk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #124 (permalink)
res
Star
 
res's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,361
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhawk13 View Post
Is this true? This seems like the type of thing one says as they begin to unveil their alter ego.
Yes, it's true. No, I am not Alan Greenspan.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #125 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 7,442
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
Yes, it's true. No, I am not Alan Greenspan.
But you're a contemporary of his, though, right?
sjhawk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #126 (permalink)
res
Star
 
res's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,361
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

con·tem·po·rar·y
/kənˈtempəˌrerē/
adjective
adjective: contemporary

1. living or occurring at the same time.

Yes, same as you.

EDIT:

Oops, should have gone with this:

noun
noun: contemporary; plural noun: contemporaries

1. a person or thing living or existing at the same time as another.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #127 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 7,442
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
con·tem·po·rar·y
/kənˈtempəˌrerē/
adjective
adjective: contemporary

1. living or occurring at the same time.

Yes, same as you.
Don't get cute, res. No time for conniption fit here.
sjhawk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #128 (permalink)
Piker
 
AlienAiden's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: orbital socket
Posts: 8,333
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
sjhawk has aspirations to be a bag drop detective. I only give $100 handshakes
__________________
"I can shoot with my left hand, I can shoot with my right hand, I'm amphibious." ~Charles Shackleford

Last edited by AlienAiden; 03-08-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Rickets
AlienAiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #129 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 6,470
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
I'm a trained economist, folks.
So is our Thing 1. And, because of that, he had to go back to school and get his masters in accounting. He is now gainfully employed and almost off our payroll.
__________________
Bona84
Bona84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #130 (permalink)
res
Star
 
res's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,361
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona84 View Post
So is our Thing 1. And, because of that, he had to go back to school and get his masters in accounting. He is now gainfully employed and almost off our payroll.
Who knew it took graduate school to learn debits and credits? At least with his undergraduate degree, he'll be one of the few bean counters to understand mark to market.
Bona84 likes this.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #131 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 6,470
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

I could go so many places with this, res. But, I'll be nice to him.
__________________
Bona84
Bona84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #132 (permalink)
Star
 
BrownIndians85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,822
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Gonzaga lays a gigantic egg last night and the bubble gets smaller as St. Mary's takes the WCC. I watched the entire game and GU looked like Garbage U. They are always so overrated, they aren't #1 in the nation, shit they aren't even a 1-seed. If it hadn't been for their past performances (6 straight WCC tourneys) I'd have suggested they tanked in order to get 2 in from their conference last night it was that bad. You can't lose to a team you beat by 48 and 15 during the regular season. You don't lose your conference tournament when you get a bye into the semis, you're 16-0 against the WCC (17-0 after semis) with average MOV around 25 pts. Either Randy Bennett found the magic potion in the span of a week, or GU just didn't give a crap.

East Coast bias? Sure. But their "brand" of basketball or whatever you want to call it just doesn't pass muster when I think of what I see watching a fair number of Big12 and ACC basketball games. I think they're good. Really good. But the number 1 crap is over the top.
__________________
http://www.gobonnies.com
BrownIndians85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #133 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,848
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2056 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Just make sure SMC takes a bid from someone like Texas (who, with a loss to Kansas, would be 16-16!), Clemson, NC State, TCU, etc. and not a deserving 25ish win at-large candidate from a non-P5.
Bona03 likes this.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #134 (permalink)
All-Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 7,442
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3323 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
Just make sure SMC takes a bid from someone like Texas (who, with a loss to Kansas, would be 16-16!), Clemson, NC State, TCU, etc. and not a deserving 25ish win at-large candidate from a non-P5.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/07zlySegWi0/maxresdefault.jpg
Bill Russell likes this.
sjhawk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #135 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Bona03's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,605
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Re: Miscellaneous Stuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownIndians85 View Post
Gonzaga lays a gigantic egg last night and the bubble gets smaller as St. Mary's takes the WCC. I watched the entire game and GU looked like Garbage U. They are always so overrated, they aren't #1 in the nation, shit they aren't even a 1-seed. If it hadn't been for their past performances (6 straight WCC tourneys) I'd have suggested they tanked in order to get 2 in from their conference last night it was that bad. You can't lose to a team you beat by 48 and 15 during the regular season. You don't lose your conference tournament when you get a bye into the semis, you're 16-0 against the WCC (17-0 after semis) with average MOV around 25 pts. Either Randy Bennett found the magic potion in the span of a week, or GU just didn't give a crap.

East Coast bias? Sure. But their "brand" of basketball or whatever you want to call it just doesn't pass muster when I think of what I see watching a fair number of Big12 and ACC basketball games. I think they're good. Really good. But the number 1 crap is over the top.

Ok BI, dont go all Stephen A Smith on us. You are better than that. Gonazaga is a great team and they will be in the Final 4. They are the only team to beat Duke at full strength. They have earned benefit of the doubt.
__________________
2016-2017 A10 Contest Champion
Bona03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 — 2013 BasketballBoards.net.