Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense - Page 2 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran
 
caseyrh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 2,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Those trades would be great for us.
It's funny because a while back I propsed basically the same lakers deal.
caseyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bourbonnais
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

I wouldn't mind those trades if we could get back George Hill as well. I think he could be a good piece and replace Hinrichs defense for us. Maybe we could do a 3 way trade where we would only trade Hinrich to the Lakers under the condition that they send Shannon Brown to the Spurs as a replacement for George Hill. Farmar would then stay instead of Brown.
BullsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator
Photobucket
 
truebluefan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 58,360
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

I agree with KC in his article tonight when he said there has been too much trade talk about 3 bulls players for at least one trade not to happen. I believe we will make at least one trade, if not more.
truebluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
1.7%
Photobucket
 
mvP to the Wee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,363
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBaller View Post
I wouldn't mind those trades if we could get back George Hill as well. I think he could be a good piece and replace Hinrichs defense for us. Maybe we could do a 3 way trade where we would only trade Hinrich to the Lakers under the condition that they send Shannon Brown to the Spurs as a replacement for George Hill. Farmar would then stay instead of Brown.
Thing is, George Hill is better than Salmons or Brown.
mvP to the Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bourbonnais
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by P to the Wee View Post
Thing is, George Hill is better than Salmons or Brown.
Yeah, and Splitter is better than Thomas. Is he better than Hinrich? That is who we would be using to get Hill b/c rather than getting Farmar straight up in the Hinrich deal, we would be sending Hinrich to LA who then sends Brown to SA,& then SA sends Hill to the Bulls. It would be nice anyways!
BullsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran
 
bullsger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hessen (Germany)
Age: 44
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluefan View Post
I agree with KC in his article tonight when he said there has been too much trade talk about 3 bulls players for at least one trade not to happen. I believe we will make at least one trade, if not more.
I'm voting for more then one trade.
__________________
Rose: "I want to be that guy. I want to be the reason why the Bulls are back to what they were [during the Michael Jordan era]."

bullsger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bourbonnais
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsger View Post
I'm voting for more then one trade.
Why don't we combine these 2 trades into 1? Here it is including another trade with Minny that was mentioned weeks back all in 1 trade.

Bulls

Out-Salmons, J Johnson, Thomas, Hinrich
In-George Hill, Brewer, Jefferson, Morrison

TWolves

Out-Brewer & Jefferson
In-Salmons, J Johnson, Bonner, Finley, Powell

Lakers

Out-Morrison, Powell, S Brown
In-Hinrich

Spurs

Out-Hill, Bonner, Finley
In-S Brown, Thomas

ALL THE NUMBERS WORK FOR THIS TRADE.
*This gives the Bulls an additional $2.3 mill coming off the books with the ability to resign George Hill even w/o cap space or sign/trade him for a role player if teams are really interested in him.
BullsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
 
RSP83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: OX UK
Age: 36
Posts: 3,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBaller View Post
Why don't we combine these 2 trades into 1? Here it is including another trade with Minny that was mentioned weeks back all in 1 trade.

Bulls

Out-Salmons, J Johnson, Thomas, Hinrich
In-George Hill, Brewer, Jefferson, Morrison

TWolves

Out-Brewer & Jefferson
In-Salmons, J Johnson, Bonner, Finley, Powell


Lakers

Out-Morrison, Powell, S Brown
In-Hinrich

Spurs

Out-Hill, Bonner, Finley
In-S Brown, Thomas

ALL THE NUMBERS WORK FOR THIS TRADE.
*This gives the Bulls an additional $2.3 mill coming off the books with the ability to resign George Hill even w/o cap space or sign/trade him for a role player if teams are really interested in him.
Man... If this trade happens it would further solidify David Kahn as the league's most idiotic GM.

Kahn: "Hmmm... Jefferson and Love don't seem to complement each other's game. *EUREKA!* John Salmons, unproven James Johnson and a bunch of scrubs is the answer! I can't wait to tell Ricky about this, he's definitely coming after he hears this!"

... Another day in the life of David Kahn ...
RSP83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bourbonnais
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP83 View Post
Man... If this trade happens it would further solidify David Kahn as the league's most idiotic GM.

Kahn: "Hmmm... Jefferson and Love don't seem to complement each other's game. *EUREKA!* John Salmons, unproven James Johnson and a bunch of scrubs is the answer! I can't wait to tell Ricky about this, he's definitely coming after he hears this!"

... Another day in the life of David Kahn ...
Its not dumb! It is forward looking. Trades in the NBA are rarely for equal value and almost always financial. The fact of the matter is Minny is a small market team that is $40 mill above the 2009 market cap and is having to deal with that financial burden during a depression. Unless they dump their biggest contract for expirings, they will still be well above the cap of 2010 and thus have to face a stiff tax penalty next year. That tax is going up by the way.

Even if Minny gets someone of similar value for Jefferson they will still have that individuals contract, thus still having the financial problems. Kahn probably realizes what they have in Flynn, Love, Rubio's value, and their 2010 1st rounder. If they can get their fiscal house in order by next year with doing this trade then they could add some nice pieces via free agency in 2011/12.

Rubio does not want to play for Minny regardless. This is b/c he is a young international olympian who feels entitled and thus wants to play on the team of his choosing. He also probably has a bunch of financial/legal weasles telling him he won't make much money endorsement wise in Minny.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." ~Frederic Bastiat
BullsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Player
 
VCHighFly's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBaller View Post
I"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." ~Frederic Bastiat
Wow. I love a good poli-sci quote just like the next guy, but "plunder" might be a bit harsh. We're talking about trading NBA players here.
VCHighFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bourbonnais
Age: 35
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Trade Buzz: 5 deals that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCHighFly View Post
Wow. I love a good poli-sci quote just like the next guy, but "plunder" might be a bit harsh. We're talking about trading NBA players here.
Yeah, I was in a different forum and just had to share the quote with the sports forum.
BullsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.