Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

UMBC Retrievers 2019-2020

21K views 134 replies 17 participants last post by  umbc32244 
#1 ·
LJ Owens has signed his NLI and is petitioning to play next season. We have a couple of other players considering UMBC but not sure their status.

We still have four scholarships to fill. We need more shooters. I feel our front court is fine. We need guards who can shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
It’s possible. There are not many schedules left to release and we haven’t even posted the ones our opponents confirmed themselves. I’m hoping that we are going to get another interesting game but there’s 41 schedules left to release for there to be a surprise.

#42 ·
So looking at the other 7 teams' schedules for the Jamaica Tournament, the big schools except Utah St are playing two small schools, Utah St is playing only one small school, EMU (listed as a small school) and Nichols are playing only one big school, and NCA&T are playing two big schools. Something tells me UMBC got double-booked, originally scheduled to go to Utah St for that first weekend of the season, but instead has to go to FGCU for the return game.

#43 ·
I’ve seen we are down to 18 left:

Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Clemson
East Tennessee State
Fresno State
IUPUI
Iona
Jackson State
Louisiana Tech
NCCU
North Dakota
Oregon State
San Diego State
SC-Upstate
UC-Riverside
UMBC
UT-Martin
Utah State
Western Illinois

#52 · (Edited)
We do have dates though...

https://umbctickets.universitytickets.com/w/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?PackageNewID=116

Men's Basketball vs. TBA 11/5/2019 7:30 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. TBA 11/13/2019 7:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. TBA 11/30/2019 1:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. TBA 12/7/2019 1:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. TBA 12/15/2019 1:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. TBA 12/30/2019 1:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. UMass Lowell 1/4/2020 1:00 PM ET 1
Men's Basketball vs. Vermont 1/11/2020 1:00 PM ET 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.