Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be a good year for the Pac-10. We might not have great teams, like UW and UA this season, but we should get atleast 5 teams in the dance. The young talent is the Pac-10 is starting to grow up and will make for an interesting year. 1-4 are very close and are interchangeable, depending on who stays and who declares.

1. Arizona - With Adams
2. Stanford
3. Washington - Without Robinson, Roy, Webster. (1st if they keep Nate)
4. UCLA
5. Oregon
6. Cal - with Powe
7. ASU - with Diogu
8. WSU
9. OSU
10. USC

Ill give a rundown for each team later...

·
Registered
357 Posts
1. Arizona
2. Washington
3. Stanford
4. UCLA
5. Oregon
6. Cal
7. ASU
8. USC
9. WSU
10. OSU

I see the Pac-10 as a pretty week conference next year, I don't think they will have any major contenders unless Washington returns everyone and adds Webster. Also a lot for Arizona will depend on Hassan Adams.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Oregon will be a lot better than people think......mark my words...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Oregon will be a lot better than people think......mark my words...
I have no idea what to make of Oregon. They have the talent to finish top four but they didn't last year. Last year they lost so many games they should have won. This year they have the same young nucleus with Brooks being the vet. Hairston needs to breakout and take control. I also didn't understand some of Kent's substitution patterns last year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oregon gets killed on the Boards. No big men worth anything. I'm a huge Ducks fan, but I just don't hink they can do anything without atleast 1 guy who can rebounds. 1-3 they will be very good however.

I think OSU will surprise a lot of people. I hate them but they could easily get in the top 5.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i think that arizona will be the team to beat this year just as everybody here has already made clear, however i think that UCLA really has a good chance at landing in the number 2 spot ahead of washington. farmar, afflalo and shipp are a force and they got some big guys that can bang a little bit so with last yar under their belts they could be ready to make some noise.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1. UCLA
2-10 no one cares

just kidding

2. Arizona
3. Washington
4. Orgeon
5. Stanford
6. California
7. USC
8. Arizona State
9. Oregon State
10. Washington State

·
Registered
357 Posts
goodseats said:
i think that arizona will be the team to beat this year just as everybody here has already made clear, however i think that UCLA really has a good chance at landing in the number 2 spot ahead of washington. farmar, afflalo and shipp are a force and they got some big guys that can bang a little bit so with last yar under their belts they could be ready to make some noise.
I agree, there big men tore up the Ducks on the boards. They are solid at every position, and Farmar and Affolo is a really good backcourt.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Rip City Road Blocker said:
Oregon gets killed on the Boards. No big men worth anything. I'm a huge Ducks fan, but I just don't hink they can do anything without atleast 1 guy who can rebounds. 1-3 they will be very good however.

I think OSU will surprise a lot of people. I hate them but they could easily get in the top 5.
That won't be as much of a problem this year with the big banger from Cincinnati transfering to Eugene...There youngs got some experience in close games last year and you have to remember there main core are sophmore and freshman...I'm expecting good things ahead from the Ducks..

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
thekid said:
Anything of importance happening with UCLA?
Well, UCLA got Ryan Wright over the summer who has the potential to be a lottery pick in the NBA. They also have Jordan Farmar who is amazing, and will lead the team this year. Other recruits for UCLA were Darren Collison, Alfred Aboya, and a few others

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
After reading up on UCLA's recruits, I'm really liking what Howland did with this class. Wright brings some nice talent and athleticism that they had been lacking in the post for awhile, local Darren Collison is definitely a nice player, and Bozeman being back also adds talent.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kately left Cal today, and OSU's Tarver broke his foot today as well.

McClellan will miss the first 7 games for Arizona...

Arizona Frosh. Marcus Williams led the team in scoring during McKale Madness. Chris Rogers injury is almost healed.

UCLA's Josh Shipp is going to miss a sizeable amount of time with a hip injury.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts