Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philadelphia 76ers(17-20) vs. Orlando Magic(9-28)
TD Waterhouse Centre, 7:30 PM ET on TNT

vs.

Orlando Magic:
Head Coach-Johnny Davis

Projected Starting Lineup:
Lue
McGrady
Bogans
Howard
DeClercq

Key Subs:
Gooden
Giricek
Nailon
Strickland

Others:
Steven Hunter
Zaza Pachulia
Shammond Williams

Philadelphia 76ers:
Head Coach-Randy Ayers

Projected Starting Lineup:
Snow
Iverson
G. Robinson
K. Thomas
Coleman

Key Subs:
Dalembert
Korver
Salmons

Others:
Aaron McKie(Injured)
Greg Buckner
Zendon Hamilton
Amal McCaskill

Key Mathchup: Superstars
-Tonight's key matchup features two backcourts led by superstars in Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady. Whichever star can have his way, and get his teammates involved will come out on top in this one.

VS.

Philadelphia leads the Season Series, 1-0
76ers 95, Magic 73
ORL: McGrady-20 Points(6-19 FG) 7 Rebounds, 6 Assists
PHI: Snow-14 Points(7-11 FG) 14 Assists, 6 Rebounds
Iverson-DNP

Predictions anyone?

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
32-25 Sixers after the 1st quarter. We're getting killed by the bigs, and they're not even good bigs. Good to see Pachulia in getting some PT. He had a big offensive rebound. T-Mac has 11, shot well, 4-7 from the floor. Bogans added 5 in the first including a 3. For the Sixers, Iverson hasn't had to do much scoring, only 4 points, but he has 5 dimes already. Dalembert had 10 points on 4-4 shooting, 7 Rebounds and 2 blocks. Kenny Thomas had 10 points also, and 6 rebounds. Not a good start for the Magic, once again no signs of defense in the first quarter. Iverson hasn't even started to get it going yet, and the Sixers are up 7. This game doesn't look good so far....:sigh:

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magic are playing well, Sixers are turning the ball over left and right. Bogans got 2 offensive rebounds on the same possession, and Mike Fratello just chewed out Drew Gooden for not passing it to Bogans when he was wide open in the corner for 3. It went something like, "One of these days, Drew Gooden is gonna learn the concept of passing to the open man, as he had Billups(yea, he said Billups but meant Bogans) wide open in the corner, the guy who was making all the hustle plays!". Nonetheless, the Magic are playing well, and have a chance in this game. Bogans and Zaza really need to be out there, they're hustling and giving it 100%, unlike the rest of the team for the most part.

44-41 Magic

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I dont understand the lack of PT for Zaza. Everytime he comes into the game he does what he did tonight .. makes hustle plays, grabs a couple offensive rebounds, and at home really gets the crowd into it. Then 5 mins later he is out for the rest of the game so they can play Howard and Gooden on the floor together. Dont understand.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
I dont understand the lack of PT for Zaza. Everytime he comes into the game he does what he did tonight .. makes hustle plays, grabs a couple offensive rebounds, and at home really gets the crowd into it. Then 5 mins later he is out for the rest of the game so they can play Howard and Gooden on the floor together. Dont understand.
Yea, it baffles me as well. This is one of the millions of reason Juwan Howard must go. Now.

50-48 Magic at the half, T-Mac has 18.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Tmac and Bogans - 19 of 40

Everyone else - 12 of 46

Enough said.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Another guy that Orlando lets get a career game ... Samuel freakin Dalembert - 15 pts, 11 rebs, 3 blocks ....

I'm surprised Kyle Korver didnt go for 30.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the Magic yet again let the other team have a big first quarter. Let's put this in perspective: The Magic gave up 32 points to the Sixers in the first quarter, yet the Magic managed only the 32 points in the entire second half, yet only lost by 5 points, and had a chance to win at the end. Orlando is just too damn inconsistent...:nonono:

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing that kills me is that the Sixers played so bad yesterday, and made so many mistakes, but the Magic still found a way to lose. Allen Iverson shot 9-29 and turned the ball over 6 times. The Sixers got 1 point from their bench. 1 freakin point. Philadelphia was 2-10 from three's, scored 14 points in the second half, and won the freakin game. Ridiculous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts