Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
And Powell with 7 assists and 5 rebounds to help make it happen. Both teams are shooting well but UVM is constantly improving their D coverage and SBU just isn't defending well at all. If Ford doesn't fix his D and UVM stays hot this could be a 40 pt whipping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great TEAM win for Vermont. While UVM played very well, I think Stony Brook was very poor defensively. Enjoy the win but as they always say, never let your highs get too high and your lows get too low. Onto UMBC on Saturday (both teams please stay healthy)

·
Gr8t Dane
813 Posts
UA UML is a battle of which team can play worse, but Brooks from UML is a shot blocking machine. Think that's 11 blocks for him?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
SBU didn't guard closely at all and left UVM wide open on many of their shots. Ford didn't make any defensive adjustments at halftime that I noticed.

SBU didn't pass the ball well and played hero ball most of the second half. I think they had 3 assists for the half.

Powell had almost as many rebounds and assists as the whole SBU team.

I think UVM had a message to send about the pre-season predictions. Message successfully delivered.

·
Premium Member
33,793 Posts
19-30 from 3 and almost hung 100pts

Reactions: VTHOOPS32

·
Registered
852 Posts
The video game shooting will obviously get the most attention, but the rebounding and ball movement were really the elements that I think were most encouraging. There wasn‘t much over-dribbling and the ball wasn’t sticking in peoples’ hands. Simple, quick ball rotation led to a lot of good shots.

Can‘t really fault Stony Brook for the initial strategy of collapsing on Davis and forcing other people to shoot. It just happened to be a live grenade tonight and eventually they just kind of threw in the towel. I’m sure they will be highly motivated for the return engagement. But Geno is going to need to step his game up.

It will be interesting to see how UVM plays on the road at UMBC. Hopefully they won’t let this go to their heads. It would be really nice to start the conference season with wins against three of the contenders.

Relative to Gibson, unless I was missing something, I didn’t even see him on the bench. Beckett was there but not dressed, and there was the usual DeMuth street clothes sighting. But I did not see Gibson anywhere.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts