81-61 Richmond over Charlotte
90-63 VCU over Duquesne
82-80 Rhode Island over Saint Louis in OT
64-63 Butler over Gonzaga

Scheduled Games:
TEMPLE (-12) plays St Bonaventure at 1 pm CBS Sports Network
XAVIER (-2) plays La Salle at 2 pm
UMASS (-4.5) plays George Washington at 4 pm
Saint Joseph's (-12.5) plays Penn at 5 pm ESPNU (Palestra)
RICHMOND (-3) plays Charlotte at 6 pm
DUQUESNE (+15) plays #19 Virginia Commonwealth at 7 pm
SAINT LOUIS (-14) plays Rhode Island at 8 pm
#13 BUTLER (+2.5) plays #8 Gonzaga at 9 pm ESPN

Atlantic 10 Up to Date Standings:
Virginia Commonwealth 4-0 16-3
Xavier 4-0 11-6
Butler 3-0 16-2
Charlotte 3-1 15-3
La Salle 2-2 12-5
Temple 2-2 12-5
Massachusetts 2-2 12-5
Richmond 2-2 12-7
George Washington 2-2 8-9
Saint Louis 1-2 12-5
Saint Joseph's 1-2 10-6
Rhode Island 1-2 6-10
Fordham 1-2 5-13
St. Bonaventure 1-3 8-9
Dayton 0-3 10-7
Duquesne 0-4 7-11

Overall Non-Con Record: 143-77

*Caps denote home team

8 games for the A-10 on Saturday. Temple is a 12 point home favorite as they face St Bonaventure at 1 pm on CBS College Sports. Xavier is a 2 point home favorite taking on La Salle in a big early A-10 matchup at 2 pm. UMass is a 4.5 point home favorite facing GW at 4 pm. St. Joes is a 12.5 point favorite looking to shake off their tough loss at VCU as they play Penn in an OOC game at 5 pm on ESPNU. Richmond is a 3 point home favorite looking to hand Charlotte it's first A-10 loss at 6 pm. Duquesne is a 15 point home underdog as they look to slow down the VCU Rams at 7 pm. Saint Louis is a 14 point home favorite taking on Rhode Island at 8 pm. Finally everyone in the league will be cheering on Butler as they take on #8 Gonzaga at home as 2.5 point underdogs at 9 pm on ESPN.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
My Predictions:

Temple>>>Welders
La Salle>>Xavier
UMass>>GW
St Joes>>Penn
Charlotte>>>Richmond
VCU>>>>>Duquesne
SLU>URI
Gonzaga>Butler

Z8's Conference Record to Date: 19-5.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has been a pretty terrible day for the league in terms of at large bids.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
My Predictions:

Temple>>>Welders
La Salle>>Xavier
UMass>>GW
St Joes>>Penn
Charlotte>>>Richmond
VCU>>>>>Duquesne
SLU>URI
Gonzaga>Butler

Z8's Conference Record to Date: 19-5.
If Temple had been playing Welders, perhaps that prediction would have come true.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Damn it, '84. You ruined my plan. I was waiting a little longer to see how GW's lead against UMass holds up. z so far is not having a good day. The Welders win, X wins, GW leads -- it looks like St. Joe's is doing OK. For a while, I thought the z-man might have 0-fer going. That would have dropped his conference record to 19-13 it appears.

Those >>> games have to hurt. If Duquesne should pull the upset, I can't imagine the pain of a >>>> prediction going awry.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Damn it, '84. You ruined my plan. I was waiting a little longer to see how GW's lead against UMass holds up. z so far is not having a good day. The Welders win, X wins, GW leads -- it looks like St. Joe's is doing OK. For a while, I thought the z-man might have 0-fer going. That would have dropped his conference record to 19-13 it appears.

Those >>> games have to hurt. If Duquesne should pull the upset, I can't imagine the pain of a >>>> prediction going awry.
You can still give it to him. I wonder what his 19-5 record would look like when considering his ">>>" spreads.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a good thing we added VCU and Butler because they may be the only teams who make it to the tourney.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the Flagship might be 4-0 with a win over BU. Oh, forgot, picked 14th.
That's great but that has nothing to do with my statement of today hurting at large hopes because today La Salle had better prospects at obtaining one. Xavier may play their way into the at large field but they still need to keep rolling to get in there.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah but let's not get too crazy over a 4-0 start. X has a very demanding schedule left. Plus 3 of the 4 wins were at home.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boy if Saint Louis loses we are really in trouble. Wonder if the NIT can just make it an A-10 tournament?

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bottom of this league is very underrated. The performances from GW, Rhody and the Bonnies have been outstanding. Some of the shots Rhode Island is making right now with it all on the line is impressive.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Temple would accept. I of course hope it doesn't come to that but each day makes it seem more likely. The A-10 Tourney should be quite a sight to see though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts