Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Not a umbc fan more of a neutral league general fan. But I would say talent is the issue with the maine team almost every year, finding a niche whether its foreigners jucos or prep kids to get a niche pipeline of talent. Umbc just laid an egg at home vs albany so they were also due. League aside from vermont is wide open. Interested to see stony at albany later.

·
Super Moderator
6,909 Posts
What a sh*tshow for Maine. I'm not watching this but I see Duhart is back stealing minutes from actual D1 players like Ihekwoaba. Can any UMBC fans give their opinion of WTF is going on with Maine? I know that UMBC is head and shoulders a better team.....but what a piss poor effort by Maine at home.
I don’t really think Barron has his finger on the pulse of the locker room. After the game, you saw the Maine players laughing and joking around with the UMBC players. I like the sportsmanship, but I don’t like the lack of visual disappointment in the Black Bears players.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Very nice bounce back win for unh today. Lowell can’t get anything going. Non conference I really thought they were going to be a contender. They cannot make outside shots. Good Win for unh to stay in the mix.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Like everyone else in the AE so far, Hartford can't get anything going against UVM. They get a basket here and there, but that's it. I hope we have the now almost traditional Finn Sullivan Show again in the second half.

·
The People's Champ
989 Posts
This actually ended up being a solid close game. Hawks made a run, had a few calls not go there way (i call it the uvm home ref cooking), but obviously UVM is just too much for this team and quite honestly far away the heavy favorites in AE as always. Sure Hawks 3-11, and 1-1 to start AE but Hawks do have the talent to make a run and see UVM deep in the playoffs and even in championship game again

·
Registered
971 Posts
We got sleepy in the second half and almost paid for it. You cannot clown around with a team that has the starting 5 that Hartford does. There were a handful of really big shots by Powell, Shungu and Davis down the stretch that bailed us out.

I have a basic rule of thumb after watching basketball for 40 years. Nothing that happens before Thanksgiving matters at all. Anything that happens between Thanksgiving and New Years matters only a little. The fact that Hartford was 2-10 in the non conference is not all that material I think.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
UVM seemed to go to sleep on D in the 2nd half but came back to win an exciting game by10, so they beat my prediction by 2. Hartford is my AE #2 right now, but SBU and Bing (!) are looking stronger. UVM vs SBU this week will be a really big game.

For me, Powell was the game saver tonight. The last couple of minutes could have gone either way.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
UMBC at Maine- Maine will beat somebody eventually and here it is. UMBC has lost all momentum pre covid and no signs of gaining it back. Look for Maine to win close here at home and get on the board.

Lowell at UNH- UNH has a lack of depth problem and unless there starters are all hitting it shows. I will take Lowell close as defense and rebounding travels on the road.

Hartford at Vermont- The forum got a little out of its minds Wednesday- Thursday. No hartford is not going to challenge Vermont, at all. Hartford is 3-10. They had a nice win but please. Vermont by 25, maybe more if they are motivated.

Stony Brook at Albany- GAME OF THE NIGHT. Earlier in the year I called Albany '"scrappy but sloppy". Lately, you can call them just "scrappy". Killings team plays very hard, they foul a lot which creates the refs to even it up in the second half, they rebound well , Cerruti and Horton are both playing "there" best basketball. Stony brook will be without Olijiny who I am told may not play rest of season. I like Albany at home as a low scoring foul fest favors them.
Dude, your takes are as bad as your grammar.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm glad UVM actually had to face some adversity. They haven't been challenged in awhile now and this will be a valuable experience moving forward. Luckily they were able to hold and get the win at the same time.

Good on Hartford for staying with it when they got down 20. They will be one of the better AE teams this year.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts