Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NJIT at Lowell- NJIT looks to be getting better and better. O'Hearn is a force, Lowells wins initially looked good on paper but as season went on they lost some luster. Not to say Lowell can't play well but wins of George Washington are no longer that impressive. Opening night loss for Lowell over Binghamton too . Il take NJIT but very close and high scoring. NJIT is on the rise.

New Hampshire at Vermont- Here we have the number 2 of the best teams in the conference going at it . I will take Vermont in this one, another close game as Vermont will not match up well with the New Hampshire wings. Early MVP voting on this forum has significant impact here as both front runners will appear. Vermont ultimately at home should pull this one out , I am sure New Hampshire will be hungry to prove themselves so it should be a great game.

Binghamton at Albany- No one saw Binghamton beating Lowell to open the conference. Binghamton although improved just isn't very good this year. Albany is offensively challenged but does hustle and play defense (they foul a lot too). Il give Albany the edge in this one, Devondre Perry and the rest of the scrappy Albany team should win this one at home.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Hey, I remember UVM basketball!

God, 2 weeks have felt like 2 months. I can only imagine what UNH is going through: they haven't played in 24 days! Both teams looked good in non-con play, but I hesitate to think what teams look like now after extended layoffs. May be a bit of a crap shoot.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Hey, I remember UVM basketball!

God, 2 weeks have felt like 2 months. I can only imagine what UNH is going through: they haven't played in 24 days! Both teams looked good in non-con play, but I hesitate to think what teams look like now after extended layoffs. May be a bit of a crap shoot.
Was thinking about this yesterday. Between the Northeastern, Albany and Hartford games getting canned UVM will play 2 games in a month between 12/12 and 1/12. Probably good on the nagging injury front but less so on the building momentum for the conference slate front.

·
Registered
766 Posts
UNH has had it even worse. Looks like they haven't played a D1 game since December 11th... and they've only played nine games on the year (compared to UVM's 13). Good or bad, at least both teams are on pretty equal footing on that front.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats true, the game sort of creeped up on me. If there wasn't pauses you could be looking at #1 vs #2 (stony brook, umbc, NJIT, Lowell still on radar). Poster not too long ago predicted Martinez as league mvp, him Kyle and Ohearn have to be early front runners. This is a must watch.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Was thinking about this yesterday. Between the Northeastern, Albany and Hartford games getting canned UVM will play 2 games in a month between 12/12 and 1/12. Probably good on the nagging injury front but less so on the building momentum for the conference slate front.
Yeah, there's good and bad with all of this that probably comes out in the wash. Good, as you mentioned, for players getting healthy (hopefully!) and allowing their bodies some time to recover. Bad, because it almost feels like we're back to the season-opener with the lack of games over the past 3-4 weeks. I think there's more of an air of unpredictability than had these teams been playing their normal schedules (with each already having a league game under their belts).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just saw an article that said UNH will be missing two players due to Covid, but it didn’t say which two.

·
Premium Member
33,793 Posts
Playing basketball > not playing basketball

Reactions: plash.ricrem

·
Premium Member
33,793 Posts
Great conference game

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,199 Posts
It's been so long since UNH has played that I forgot they had a game. Looks like a good one with 12 to go.

·
Premium Member
33,793 Posts
This UNH team is tough. Might be most talented roster top to bottom I’ve seen Herrion assemble in his 16-17 yrs at UNH.

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,199 Posts
Hopkins has UNH's last 9 points.

·
Premium Member
33,793 Posts
Shungu having a game- looks awesome.

Reactions: VTHOOPS32
1 - 20 of 66 Posts