Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maine at Stony Brook- Stony Brook Continues to roll at home

NJIT at Binghamton- NJIT continues the winning ways with yet another road win, I have watched Binghamton play a lot this season, I do like there pieces but I still think there weak defensively and rely on the three too much.

Albany at New Hampshire- UNH should roll at home, Albany is scrappy but sloppy. Look for UNH to pull away second half.

Vermont at Hartford Postponed - Hard to say whats happened to Hartford this year. They were expected to be top 5-6.

Lowell at UMBC- Should be close game as Lowell needs a W and UMBC comes off very long layoff, Il take UMBC at home.

Registered
Maine at Stony Brook- Stony Brook Continues to roll at home

NJIT at Binghamton- NJIT continues the winning ways with yet another road win, I have watched Binghamton play a lot this season, I do like there pieces but I still think there weak defensively and rely on the three too much.

Albany at New Hampshire- UNH should roll at home, Albany is scrappy but sloppy. Look for UNH to pull away second half.

Vermont at Hartford Postponed - Hard to say whats happened to Hartford this year. They were expected to be top 5-6.

Lowell at UMBC- Should be close game as Lowell needs a W and UMBC comes off very long layoff, Il take UMBC at home.
You're trolling me, right?

THEIR/THEY'RE

Registered
Hartford got kneecapped by their administration. Really sucks. Hard to bounce back from that 馃槥
While I agree, and I'm sure a lot of things in the budget got slashed, but Hartford's lack of playing games right now is due to Covid issues in both their men's and women's programs. The administration has little to do with that one, it just is what it is. I also think Hartford still could salvage out a respectable enough conference record. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it, but I wouldn't be surprised either they managed 6-7 league wins and possibly a less than ideal 7-seed to face in March.

Registered
SBU - 85 Maine - 74
UNH - 78 Albany - 70
Lowell - 68 UMBC - 65
Binghamton - 72 NJIT - 68 (Binghamton will likely go undefeated in AE play, but will have a small heat check against NJIT, and only win by 4)

Registered
What a great start to conference play for the Bearcats. I don't expect them to truly contend for the league title, but it's become fun again. Seeing them against Lowell last Sunday and then watching the game online last night, just feels great as a fan to see some Ws and I can't imagine how it feels for the staff and players.

Here's hoping they can keep it going tomorrow. As good as McGriff is, it's going to be hard to mess with this rotation. The core group of Bertram/Falko/Hinckson/Amos with Akuwovo/White/Willis rotating at center seems to have great chemistry. Falko has been unreal in McGriff's absence. Hinckson and Amos are making baskets, fighting for rebounds, blocking shots--awesome to see. At 6'6"-6'7", these guys possess a combination of length and athleticism that can be tough on opposing AE squads. With a lack of a true post man like Thomas Bruce, these two stepping up was so necessary.

As a group, they just play so much better now than they did under Dempsey. When was the last time they had 23 assists against a D1 opponent? Maybe it's much more recent than I'd guess, but even so, it's not something we've seen very often the last decade.

Bill Herrion anti-apologist
Whoopee UNH on fire right now. 21-6 early.

Registered
Fofo Adetogun ejected for Maine late in the first half for a nasty looking elbow. SBU up double digits.

Registered
SBU 43
Maine 28

Half.

Here's a discussion topic... will Maine score 70 points against a Division I team this year?

Registered
UNH wins a thriller 64-62 over Albany. UNH got off to a great start but Albany managed to even it up with a minute or so to go. Albany didn't shoot well except for FTs, but they got a lot of second chances on offensive rebounds. Both teams looked burned out from their Thursday games.

Registered
This is the dirtiest America East game I鈥檝e watched in a while! Maine player gives Anthony Roberts a serious knee injury (really hope it鈥檚 not an ACL) coming down after Roberts blocked his shot. Then another guy smacks Omar Habwe right upside the face! He got tossed for that flagrant!

Registered
At least 3 or 4 times per game, Maine gets so confused on offense they basically just flip the ball up in the air to give it to the opponent.

Registered
Roberts is thankfully back. I thought he tore his ACL because of what that Maine player did to him, so for him to miss zero games and just a few minutes is awesome.

Registered
Anybody know why the delay in Bing/NJIT game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Fofo Adetogun ejected for Maine late in the first half for a nasty looking elbow. SBU up double digits.
Seems like that ended up being a good thing. I'm over him and DuHart (where was he today?.....sure didn't miss his 20-something % shooting!). Barron needs to ride guards Ihekwoaba and Ireland from here on out. Maine might actually win some games down the road if they can keep this backcourt tandem together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts