Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we are the best team in the East. But are we the best team in the association right now? If we arent we are a close second to Sacramento.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I wouldnt put any of those teams ahead of us. We've proven we can beat upper echelon teams all season. That being said, I wouldnt put us on top of any of them either. Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs, Wolves, Pacers and maybe Pistons are in the same league right now. And the only real teams vying for the title.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
We're not the best team in the league. I'd put the Spurs, Kings, Lakers, and Mavs ahead of us and I think we're even with the T'Wolves.

However, we might have the best record in the league at the end of the year.
We whipped the mavs, beat the spurs, Lakers are no good right now. If the question is right now then yes we are the best team in the league.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>pacersrule03</b>!

We whipped the mavs, beat the spurs, Lakers are no good right now. If the question is right now then yes we are the best team in the league.
One game, one game, and the Lakers as you said, are no good <b>right now</b>.

I agree pretty much with what R-Star said actually. And I think we can make a good series with any team from the west and have a shot at winning.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i really don't think the mavs are better. same goes for the spurs. i think the spurs are on our level but not above. the game in sacramento was a screwjob. even the league office sent the pacers an official apology for that game- that almost never happens. even when webber gets back, i think the pacers can beat them. twolves are a very good team this year but i still gotta choose the pacers on that. the only team that i think could be better would be the lakers IF they can get and stay healthy. and the only reason i think they would probably beat the pacers is because of shaq. and i am becoming increasingly skeptical if they can stay healthy- some of those guys are pretty old. so as far as this invincable west goes- as far as conferences go, the west is still better for now but i definately feel the pacers could beat any of them except a fully healthy lakers team.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by <b>clownskull</b>!
even when webber gets back, i think the pacers can beat them.
:| come on man, you know better than that. Pacers better than Kings? I don't think so. They only reason Pacers have so many wins is that they're in the E. you know that. ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
uh, no. they have a very good record against the west. that is a fact. and like i said before- the sac. game was garbage. i did not say the pacers were definately better than the kings but, do i think they can beat them? yes. the east has the atlantic divison holding it down- don't blame the pacers for that. and it should be nice to see sacramento in conseco. i doubt they will get all the flops called and an overly eager ref to throw out artest, who was shutting down peja before he was unjustly tossed.:yes:

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
The fact: Pacers and Pistons are NOT even close to Big Five

they can compare with Lottory teams like Griz, Nuggets, Rockets .....

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!

Thats funny. Look at our west record, then do this

1) Eat your words.
2) Be quite.
3) Go home.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaUnbreakableKinG</b>!

:| come on man, you know better than that. Pacers better than Kings? I don't think so. They only reason Pacers have so many wins is that they're in the E. you know that. ;)
Check the Kings vs Pacer record over the past 20 games or so. You'll be suprised, since we win the 20 game record in a landslide.........

P.S. They had Webber for most of those games against us.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

So if those 3 teams will be in the "lottory" despite currently being in position to make the playoffs, which West teams do you think will make the playoffs in their place? The Suns, Warriors, and Clippers? I guess that means those three teams are MUCH better than the Pacers and the Pistons.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow big words coming from a WARRIOR FAN. We are better than the mavs and spurs by a long shot. The pacers could go 7 games with the best of the west. Just wait you'll see.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ok you just ruined any credibility in any post you ever put on here again. That was stupid. Lottery teams? Get that out of here.
Learn how to spell lottery first before you even attack the Pacers again.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts

Funny how while your entire statement about the Pacers being comparable to lottery teams is absurd on its own, the examples you gave of lottery teams are actually all playoff teams. If there's any such thing as a negative amount of credibility, you just got it right there.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Pacers are definitely the best of the East, though not that much better than the Pistons. However, West is a completely different story. Kings have already proven they can beat the Pacers this year, even if Artest was ejected early, and the Lakers pulverized them at Staples as well. I could easily see the Pacers taking out the Mavs or Spurs, but the Kings and Lakers are out of their reach.

I'm not sure about the Twolves yet, they could very well be the best team in the NBA right now. Playoffs are another story, but it's hard to beat a proven clutch player like Cassell and KG.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts