Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
It seems that Dwight Howard is the current leader to be #1 overall. Deng could be #1, too, IMO, if he has a Carmelo-like season.

Podkolzine seems a possibility at #1, and Splitter and Perovic should be top picks, but I doubt and Int is going to go #1 this upcoming draft.

Ed O.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
It seems that Dwight Howard is the current leader to be #1 overall.
Yeah, Dwight Howard sounds like a legit top pick. It won't hurt his chances that his Dad among others is trying to hype him up like LeBron was hyped last season.

Hype worked for Kwame Brown...

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
The hype surrounding both Darko and Kwame was too small to have a legitimate impact on where they were picked.

LeBron James had hype. Those other two guys had nothing but positive scouting reports and, in the case of Kwame, a bad draft class.

Ed O.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I have read some reports

That quite a few clubs are shying away from Howards because they feel he has a lot of the same abilities, and weaknesses of Kwame Brown, and they don't want to get "Kwamied" in the draft.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
I'd like to see this High Schooler first hand...

http://www.break-down.com/dailybreakdown/index.cfm?textID=350

Livingston was recently profiled in ESPN's Insider pay site as one of the most highly thought of HS players who might (probably will...) be making the direct to NBA leap if he's lottery projected... otherwise he's headed to Puke... I mean Duke.

STOMP

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STOMP</b>!

otherwise he's headed to Puke... I mean Duke.
My my...how do you feel about Duke, STOMP? ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STOMP</b>!
I'd like to see this High Schooler first hand...
I already have, in fact I played with him and against him (on the street) Trust me, this ain't nothing close Kwame's level. He's much higher.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Re: Duke.

I'll never forget the time in HS a friend said, "how can you take a school seriously named after a turd?"

Ironically, it describes rather well the NBA contributions of most Duke alums.

Impressionable youth, yes.

Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts