Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,607 Posts
Rasheed Wallace said:
On Portland GM John Nash stating that Rasheed Wallace is more talented than Kenyon Martin, but Kenyon Martin is more tenacious: "I don't give a **** what John Nash thinks…You see where his thinking got him…You all got anything else?"
There ya go

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
God I wish Sheed had stayed with the Hawks and Detroit never had traded for him...Sheed doesn't deserve any better then lowly ATL IMO.

·
mere fan
6,556 Posts
Rasheed OT: He got his 16th Tech the other night and is sitting out tonight's game because of it. The league instituted rules this offseason with game suspension penalties for getting excessive Techs. Not coincidentally IMO, Wallace's outbursts have dropped off.

It was always my contention that if the league really wanted to limit the amount of outbursts from the players, they should put a more valued item then mere $$$ and a FT. My suggestion was for it to count as a personal foul as well, thereby limiting the players ability to stay on the court. This solution essecially does the same thing.

Glad to see the league proactively dealing with this situation... I don't mean just Wallace's temper, but outbursts in general.

STOMP

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
STOMP said:
Rasheed OT: He got his 16th Tech the other night and is sitting out tonight's game because of it. The league instituted rules this offseason with game suspension penalties for getting excessive Techs. Not coincidentally IMO, Wallace's outbursts have dropped off.

It was always my contention that if the league really wanted to limit the amount of outbursts from the players, they should put a more valued item then mere $$$ and a FT. My suggestion was for it to count as a personal foul as well, thereby limiting the players ability to stay on the court. This solution especially does the same thing. Glad to see it.

STOMP
Agreed...henceforth this new rule will be referred to affectionately as "The Rasheed Wallace" rule or the "Whiny ***** Wallace" rule, or the "Cry Baby Wallace" rule... :biggrin:

·
mere fan
6,556 Posts
sa1177 said:
Agreed...henceforth this new rule will be referred to affectionately as "The Rasheed Wallace" rule or the "Whiny ***** Wallace" rule, or the "Cry Baby Wallace" rule... :biggrin:
whatever... Wallace's outbursts were never that big a deal to me, but I do like that they curtailed that sort of stuff in general.

STOMP

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
STOMP said:
whatever... I was never that big a deal to me, but I like that they curtailed it... again not him per say, but in general.

STOMP
Agreed but you have to admit they did this in large part because of him...thus he deserves the naming rights.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
STOMP said:
I like basketball games not trivial crap. The love/hate-cult of personality thing some fans have with their idols is something I just don't relate to.

STOMP
Fair enough...I'll happily admit I hate Sheed. FYI No NBA is worth if being one of my "idols."

·
mere fan
6,556 Posts
Probably my favorite all-time Blazer is Bill Walton. A while back I recieved an authentic 1976 Walton Adidas warm up jacket as a gift. Last year a friend saw me wearing it and said he could get it autographed (he sees Bill on occation being a friend of his son Nate). I gave him a CD of a favorite band to pass along instead. I know the big guy is a music fan and why would I want him messing up my cool shirt?

As far as your Wallace feelings, you're asking the wrong guy to relate. For me (to quote a mutually favorite band of Bill's and mine)... "Ain't no time to hate"

STOMP

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
STOMP said:
Probably my favorite all-time Blazer is Bill Walton. A while back I recieved an authentic 1976 Walton Adidas warm up jacket as a gift. Last year a friend saw me wearing it and said he could get it autographed (he sees Bill on occation being a friend of his son Nate). I gave him a CD of a favorite band to pass along instead. I know the big guy is a music fan and why would I want him messing up my cool shirt?

STOMP
you should see if you can find out if the rumor (that I'm just now making up) that Bill is rumored to be part of a group interested in buying the Blazers is true.

Either that or if he would let me interview him like I did MB...

:angel:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
people on this board hate rasheed wallace...i dont get it.

he is and probably will be my favorite player in the league for years to come.

too many people here act like you cant play with some attitude. to be honest, i dont enjoy watching a player who keeps a straight face and just gets it done. i like that player who gets vocal and gets technicals...who talks some s**t...

like it or not, rasheed wallace was one of the best things to ever happen to the blazers.

i know im going to get a comment or two on this but its whatever. i just get sick of everybody blaming everything on rasheed.

sheed > your favorite player. :clap:

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
SMiLE said:
you should see if you can find out if the rumor (that I'm just now making up) that Bill is rumored to be part of a group interested in buying the Blazers is true.

Either that or if he would let me interview him like I did MB...

:angel:
Walton would probably buy the team just to run them in the ground more (if thats possible) because he's still bitter about the treatment he got for an injury while he was here...

He was probably never injured just stoned...

But thats Bill I guess...

·
mere fan
6,556 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Walton would probably buy the team just to run them in the ground more (if thats possible) because he's still bitter about the treatment he got for an injury while he was here...

He was probably never injured just stoned...

But thats Bill I guess...
http://www.nba.com/history/players/walton_bio.html

"But dozens of injuries, most infamously a chronically broken bone in his left foot, robbed Walton of the storybook career that seemed sure to be his."

:clown:

STOMP

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
STOMP said:

As far as your Wallace feelings, you're asking the wrong guy to relate. For me (to quote a mutually favorite band of Bill's and mine)... "Ain't no time to hate"

STOMP
No worries I wasn't asking you or anyone else to "relate." Just mentioning I hate Sheed...I know who to look for here if I want to "relate" with someone.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
STOMP said:
http://www.nba.com/history/players/walton_bio.html

"But dozens of injuries, most infamously a chronically broken bone in his left foot, robbed Walton of the storybook career that seemed sure to be his."

:clown:

STOMP
Injuries kept us from seeing one of the best centers of all time receive that title because he had such a short career.

Don't even get me started with Rasheed. It's about much more than his techs.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
mgb said:
Injuries kept us from seeing one of the best centers of all time receive that title because he had such a short career.
it also kept us from seeing the true Walton.

OOOh..were you talking about Walton? I thought you meant Sabonis. ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
ryanjend22 said:
people on this board hate rasheed wallace...i dont get it.

he is and probably will be my favorite player in the league for years to come.

too many people here act like you cant play with some attitude. to be honest, i dont enjoy watching a player who keeps a straight face and just gets it done. i like that player who gets vocal and gets technicals...who talks some s**t...

like it or not, rasheed wallace was one of the best things to ever happen to the blazers.

i know im going to get a comment or two on this but its whatever. i just get sick of everybody blaming everything on rasheed.

sheed > your favorite player. :clap:

Dude, I applaud you. Sheed has been my favorite player for YEARS. The dude's "f-U" I'm here to kick-*** attitude ROCKS. The guy's stroke is bad-***, and he can D-up the best of em. I freakin' love Sheed.

To whom ever said he didn't deserve to play on the Pistons is a moron. He's a great contributer to the Pistons. Just because he isnt some politically correct softy like Tim Duncan (BLAHHHHHH) doesn't mean he's not a great player and cant play on that team.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Sheed got me into basketball way back when he was on the Blazers.....thanks to him, I'm a die-hard blazer fan, and now of course a little leaguer fan of the pistons. ( i mainly just watch for sheed ).

He's a helluva nice guy in person too.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
blue32 said:
Dude, I applaud you. Sheed has been my favorite player for YEARS. The dude's "f-U" I'm here to kick-*** attitude ROCKS. The guy's stroke is bad-***, and he can D-up the best of em. I freakin' love Sheed.

To whom ever said he didn't deserve to play on the Pistons is a moron. He's a great contributer to the Pistons. Just because he isnt some politically correct softy like Tim Duncan (BLAHHHHHH) doesn't mean he's not a great player and cant play on that team.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Sheed got me into basketball way back when he was on the Blazers.....thanks to him, I'm a die-hard blazer fan, and now of course a little leaguer fan of the pistons. ( i mainly just watch for sheed ).

He's a helluva nice guy in person too.....
TD is a softy and Wallace is a badass.

Okey-Dokey :rolleyes:

Go Blazers

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.