Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The boxscore seems to be accurate. This is the recap:

The Toronto Raptors used a blistering shooting touch in the second quarter to blow out the Chicago Bulls 105-80 at the Rocky Mountain Revue on the campus of Salt Lake Community College.

Both teams came out shooting. The Bulls scored quick, getting six points from Jay Williams to start the game. The tide quickly turned as the raptors began heating up from the outside. Derrick Dial, Darrick Martin and Jerod Ward all started strong. The team shot 56 percent in the quarter and led by 12 at the break.

The second quarter quickly turned into a shooting clinic put on by the Raptors. The team shot 71 percent from the field and extended their lead to 30 points at the half. Maceo Baston and Robert Conley came off the bench to hit all seven shots they took. The Bulls spent most of the quarter on their heels, scoring only 15 points. Tyson Chandler was a bright spot for the Bulls in the first half, scoring ten points on five-for-five shooting.

The second half began with both sides playing a little more aggressive. Toronto stayed hot, while the Bulls at least kept the Raptors in check. Williams led the Bulls, scoring ten in the quarter. Roger Mason Jr. added four. The trio of Conley, Ward and Derrick Brown kept the lead for Toronto.

Chicago hung tough in the fourth quarter, chiseling the Raptors' lead down to 22, but the damage was done and they could get no closer. The Raptors 105 points were the most at this year's Revue.

Williams led the Bulls with 21 points. Chandler added 20 points and David Graves chipped in with nine off the bench. The Raptors had six players in double figures, led by Conley and Brown with 16. Martin had eight assists to go with his 14 points.

The Bulls finished their run at the Rocky Mountain Revue with a record of 2-4 in six games played. The Raptors play their final game Saturday, July 27 at 4 p.m. against the Phoenix Suns.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I think this ends summer league on a sour note. There were a lot of expectations on this team with the draft of the so called final piece, JWIll. It is meaningless overall but if someone starts to write about it in the media, you may get a snowball. On the other hand that might be a good thing to wake these guys up to make them work even harder. I think this team will perform better with the underdog label rather than the one laden with expectations.

On a side note did anyone notice in the interview with Krause yesterday he mentioned that in drafting JWill they saw a need and that is why they went out and got JWill. Either he means they needed a starting PG or the needed a backup PG. I think he meant starter, personally.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a feeling Baxter already made the team and they wanted to give bigger minutes to BAGs.

What happened to JC... I don't care about the stats much but what's with only 2 fga's? When has that ever happened? I have a feeling that they told JW to run the show and guess who he didn't pass to? JC w/o the ball is an extremely passive player. It looks like JW will always get his shots up regardless...

·
Registered
514 Posts
How many of those players are actually going to make the Raptors roster, have they been doing good or did they jusy have one hell of a game.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
I think this ends summer league on a sour note. There were a lot of expectations on this team with the draft of the so called final piece, JWIll. It is meaningless overall but if someone starts to write about it in the media, you may get a snowball. On the other hand that might be a good thing to wake these guys up to make them work even harder. I think this team will perform better with the underdog label rather than the one laden with expectations.

On a side note did anyone notice in the interview with Krause yesterday he mentioned that in drafting JWill they saw a need and that is why they went out and got JWill. Either he means they needed a starting PG or the needed a backup PG. I think he meant starter, personally.
I saw that. Well you dont draft the college player of the year on a 21 win team to ride the pines. JK has said in the past that the triangle doesnt really need pgs. Just guards. To show you what i mean here is a link to the latest article by KC Johnson.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.../cs-020726bulls.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

·
Registered
220 Posts
Jamal Crawford, 18 minutes, 0-2 from the field. Was there some truth to TSN report afterall? At best, you'd have to call this a listless performance. Off of his last two performances I'm beginning to wonder if Jamal's having alot of trouble adjusting to JWill's presence. I didn't see anything during the week that suggests Jay and Jamal can coexist on the court at the same time.

I'm just guessing, but I'd have to say that Crawford wants to be a point guard, even if it means playing somewhere else. And I don't blame him either, if that's really the case. If so, I think a trade might be best for all concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I like KC Johnson sometimes. This is one of those times.

I had not heard Crawford left for Seattle and did not participate in the voluntary workouts. You think this might be why JWill was so intent on sticking around?

The thought that Washington offered the 11 for JC has not been reported in Washington but it is something I could easily have seen happening. No one doubts MJ has got wood for JC.

The writing is being slowly written on the proverbial wall. KC starts by asking the question if they can coexist on the court and then answers it by saying Rose and Hassel are going to play SG. Where does this leave Crawford? I know he isn't coming to Washington, but there are plenty of other teams out there that would hand him the ball and let him run point for them. Could this be a similar scenario that faced Washington with Alexander? Alexander in the end needed to be in a better situation after Rip took the starting job. He deserved a shot to start.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by BCH

I caught Krause's slip of the tongue also. He clearly defined the PG position as a "need" area. All that means is if Crawford can't make it as a 2 guard, he's gone. My guess is Jamal's gone if the right deal comes along.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Very possible. I would not of said that a couple of weeks ago. But if Jamaal was being showcased, he didn't do himself any favors tonight. Two shots. This brings up more questions than answers. Crawford had a decent first game with Jay sitting it out. Then after that...not so great.

JK has said he wont trade jamaal. thats why guyton is now unrestricted. But, i wonder if Lewis comes to town if JK will still say no to a package that included jamaal for a signed Lewis?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
Very possible. I would not of said that a couple of weeks ago. But if Jamaal was being showcased, he didn't do himself any favors tonight. Two shots. This brings up more questions than answers. Crawford had a decent first game with Jay sitting it out. Then after that...not so great.

JK has said he wont trade jamaal. thats why guyton is now unrestricted. But, i wonder if Lewis comes to town if JK will still say no to a package that included jamaal for a signed Lewis?
True, my guess is that if Jamal was being showcased it was to prove that his knee is sound, and nothing more. His skill level is well known to most teams. Now that he's proven he's fully recovered I suspect Krause will begin fielding a few more phone calls from interested ballclubs. And if the right deal comes along, bye-bye, Jamal.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't be suprised to see Crawford traded, but for who? The problem with the Washington deal is that the Bulls don't need more young players.

The Bulls need veterans, and with Baxter's play in summer league and the drafting of Jay Williams, the writing on the wall couldn't be any clearer for Fizer and Crawford. And with E-Rob, Bagaric, and Best and Oakley to add in as possible sign/trades, the Bulls have some flexibility in making the cap work.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by HJHJR

True, my guess is that if Jamal was being showcased it was to prove that his knee is sound, and nothing more. His skill level is well known to most teams. Now that he's proven he's fully recovered I suspect Krause will begin fielding a few more phone calls from interested ballclubs. And if the right deal comes along, bye-bye, Jamal.
that could be.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Could this all just mean that Rashard Lewis is just a little bit closer to joining the Bulls than we thought. How long does everyone give Krause before he does some kind of trade.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
And I think you're extrapolating to make hay...

He says that everytime he drafts a player. His very first pick of the rebuilding session--when we needed everything---he said of Elton Brand "We saw a tremedous need there."

:yawn:

·
Registered
22 Posts
don't think the Sonics'll be interested now that Crawford had a pretty sluggish performance in the summer league

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.