Saint Joseph's 0-0 0-0
Temple 0-0 0-0
Duquesne 0-0 0-1
Rhode Island 0-0 0-1
Fordham 0-0 0-1
George Washington 0-0 0-1

Overall Non-Con Record: 9-4

*Caps denote home team

4 A-10 games in the afternoon Saturday all season openers at home. Butler kicks off it's season as near 15 point favorites at home versus Elon at 2. Dayton is a 7-9 point favorite at home taking on Arkansas St who can be a pesky team as St. Bonaventure found out last year. La Salle is an 8 point favorite at home taking on Delaware who again is another pesky lower level team. George Washington is a 3-5 point favorite at home as they take on Youngstown St. at 4 pm.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
My predictions (each > = 5 points in that winning team's direction):
Butler>>Elon
Dayton>>Ark St.
La Salle>Delaware
GW>>>>Youngstown State

Note: I like La Salle a lot (consider them an NCAA team), but this will be a hard game to win. Delaware is very dangerous. Devon Saddler is one of the top scorers in America and Jarvis Threatt is quite a threat as well (see what I did there). I would not consider them a "pesky lower level team" as you did Owlfan. You basically compare them as in the same league as Ark State, which is false. I would actually like their chances versus Temple, but La Salle is a better team, so I'll give the edge on this one.

Z8's Record to Date: 7-2.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Dayton at -7 would seem like good value. For entertainment purposes only, of course.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Should be considered also La Salle took Delaware's starting PG last year and one of their 2-3 best players in Khalid Lewis that doesn't help Delaware's cause.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Who would have thought that Steve Zack would be the sophomore big man stepping up for La Salle. 17 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks with 2:41 to go. Up 5. Explorers were blowing Delaware out in the first half, but had a lot of bad possessions in the second half.

I'm somewhat confused by what Dr. G is trying to do here. Duren is playing off the ball way too much with Mills and Galloway are doing a lot of the ball handling. Both can make plays, but Duren needs to have the ball in his hands.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Wow Youngstown State up 43-32 on GW at GW at the half.

Some freshman big guy lit em up for 15 in the first half in his first D1 game.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
43-32 Youngstown St. leads GW at the half. Going to need a big comeback if we want a 4-0 day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Things not looking good for GW, YSU went on a 20-4 run to end the half. YSUs big man has been doing great

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Possibly the worst game I've ever seen Dillard play at UD and he somehow managed a double double

Can't remember which Temple fan kept saying Sanford was nothing but an average A10 player...if that... well, I'm chuckling a bit now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Who would have thought that Steve Zack would be the sophomore big man stepping up for La Salle. 17 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks with 2:41 to go. Up 5. Explorers were blowing Delaware out in the first half, but had a lot of bad possessions in the second half.

I'm somewhat confused by what Dr. G is trying to do here. Duren is playing off the ball way too much with Mills and Galloway are doing a lot of the ball handling. Both can make plays, but Duren needs to have the ball in his hands.
I would never have expected Zack to play so well despite Delaware being a somewhat small team. That's definitely a good sign for LaSalle, since their best players didn't have much of a game. I wouldn't expect Galloway, Duren, and Mills to combine for 7-29 shooting many times this year. But, hey, keep up that 92% free throw shooting!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Possibly the worst game I've ever seen Dillard play at UD and he somehow managed a double double

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App
Wasn't there a discussion in the Williams vs. Dillard thread where someone posted that Dillard would never have a 3/13 game because he would stop shooting? Ah good times.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts