Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, but does anybody know where or if any of the players from America east are playing next year? Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Taylor Coppenrath is playing for Menorca Basquet in Spain. They won their promotion tournament to be promoted to the ACB.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Taylor Coppenrath is playing for Menorca Basquet in Spain. They won their promotion tournament to be promoted to the ACB.
...and then the team folded. Seriously. Good effort, though.

Hopefully Coppenrath will continue to latch on in Spain. The last few years he seems to have developed a role as a guy who can give your team a little extra if you're looking for promotion to ACB...or looking to rebound from relegation from ACB.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
...and then the team folded. Seriously. Good effort, though.

Hopefully Coppenrath will continue to latch on in Spain. The last few years he seems to have developed a role as a guy who can give your team a little extra if you're looking for promotion to ACB...or looking to rebound from relegation from ACB.
Cop has found that nitch in Spain and has won 3 LEB Gold (2nd Division, which is a top 5 league in Europe) championships...

I interviewed him last week for an unrelated project and we talked for a while afterwards, he is actually exploring options outside of Spain right now, the reason being that Spain's economy is really in bad shape right now, and it's seriously effecting basketball salaries, so he might wind up in a country like France this season.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
With that said, Dane DiLiegro has put his Italian passport to very good use and has signed to play in the Italian Serie A League, the 1st division in Italy and a top 3 league in all of Europe (pretty impressive).

John Holland has reportedly signed with a team in the ACB League in Spain, regarded as the top domestic league in Europe...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Muhammad El-Amin signed with Ferentino, which I think is a second-tier Italian team.

Dallis Joyner signed with a Finnish team, forgot the name of the team though.

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Ex Graet Dane - Gerardo Suero after playing with the national team he joined Titanes of the Dominican Republic League and is teamed with 6'10" Shaun Pruitt (Ill. and NBA) and former Siena great Alex Franklin who played for the Puerto Rican national team this year.

Suero is avg just over 18ppg in his 6 games with the team.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ex Graet Dane - Gerardo Suero after playing with the national team he joined Titanes of the Dominican Republic League and is teamed with 6'10" Shaun Pruitt (Ill. and NBA) and former Siena great Alex Franklin who played for the Puerto Rican national team this year.

Suero is avg just over 18ppg in his 6 games with the team.
Abreu is playing in the same league in the DR...

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A bit off-topic but I saw Rashad Bell from BU play in the Pro City summer league in NYC a few times this summer. The competition is pretty good and is a mix of current and former high-major college players and NBA players here and there. For what it's worth his team, including teammates "NBA" Gary Forbes, Justin Burrell from St. John's, and Corsley Edwards from CCSU, won the championship.

Below are some of his highlights:

Bell played in Hungary last year; not sure where he will play this year.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Gerardo Suero was named LNB 2012 Rookie of the Year - Sep 7, 2012

POSTED BY:
KERWIN ABREU

Gerardo Suero (193-G-89, college: Albany) was named this thurday as LNB 2012 Rookie of the year. Suero was selected as Titanes Del Distrito Nacional first pick this same year and made a great impact in the team.

In his first professional season in the LNB, Suero posted great numbers. He averaged 17.0 points 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 asist. From the field he had 48%, 40% from the 3 poing range and 72% from the free throw line.

The 23 years old player, had a great summer while playing for the Dominican National Basketball Team in Puerto Rico, wining the Gold medal in Centrobasket 2012.

"This is a great league, I was better than what I expected and I think better things will come for me", said Suero.

Now Suero will play with Titanes Del Distrito Nacional in the LNB playoffs semifinal vs Indios de San Francisco, the series starts tonight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts