Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current Scores:
87-71 Dayton over Boston College
94-76 NC State over UMass
79-70 St. Joes over #20 Notre Dame in OT

Scheduled Games:
Dayton (-4.5) plays Boston College (Charleston Classic-Round 2) at 2:30 pm ESPNU
UMass (+7.5) plays #6 NC State (Puerto Rico Tip-Off Round 2) at 5 pm ESPN2 or ESPNU
Saint Joseph's (+3) plays #20 Notre Dame (Coaches vs Cancer Semifinal, Brooklyn) at 9:30 pm TRU TV

Atlantic 10 Up to Date Standings:
Richmond 0-0 3-0
Saint Joseph's 0-0 2-0
St. Bonaventure 0-0 2-0
Charlotte 0-0 2-0
Xavier 0-0 2-0
La Salle 0-0 1-0
Temple 0-0 1-0
Massachusetts 0-0 2-1
Dayton 0-0 2-1
Saint Louis 0-0 1-1
Virginia Commonwealth 0-0 1-1
Butler 0-0 1-1
George Washington 0-0 0-1
Duquesne 0-0 0-2
Rhode Island 0-0 0-2
Fordham 0-0 0-3

Overall Non-Con Record: 20-13

*Caps denote home team

3 games on tap for Friday and all 3 are chances at BCS scalps and 2 are chances at upsets over ranked opponents. Dayton plays a Boston College team who almost took down Baylor today in the 2nd round of the Charleston Classic. UMass hopes to keep living on a prayer as they play #6 NC State in the semifinal of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off and finally St. Joes gets a big test as they are 3 point dogs facing #20 Notre Dame on Tru TV as part of the Coaches vs Cancer tournament.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Some nice opportunities for the A-10 to get some wins that will get some national buzz tomorrow. Good luck to Dayton, UMass, and St. Joe's.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
I will post now so that I don't get in trouble like I did today for posting my original predictions.

My Predictions (each > = 5 points in that winning team's direction):
Dayton>Boston College
NC State>>UMass
Notre Dame>>Saint Joe's

Z8's Record to Date: 23-6.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The problem for SJU is that their point guard, Tay Jones, is suspended for 3 games. I can't imagine that they have the horsepower to play a high level game without him.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Dayton (No Line) plays Boston College (Charleston Classic - Round 2) at 2:30 pm (ESPNU)

UMass (No Line) plays #6 NC State (Puerto Rico Tip-Off - Round 2) at 5:00 pm (ESPN2 or ESPNU)

Saint Joseph's (+3) plays #20 Notre Dame (Coaches vs Cancer - Semifinal, Brooklyn) at 9:30 pm (TRU TV)

3 games on tap for Friday and all 3 are chances at BCS scalps and 2 are chances at upsets over ranked opponents. Dayton plays a Boston College team who almost took down Baylor today in the 2nd round of the Charleston Classic.

UMass hopes to keep living on a prayer as they play #6 NC State in the semifinal of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.

Finally St. Joes gets a big test as they are 3 point dogs facing #20 Notre Dame on Tru TV as part of the Coaches vs Cancer tournament.
EDIT: Line updated: Yahoo! Odds

Dayton (-4½) vs. Boston College (neutral site).

UMass (+7½) vs. NC State (neutral site).​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to the Minutemen on their Big East scalp.

Hopefully, the Flyers, Minutemen, and Hawks will add three more BCS-conference scalps today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACC Preseason Coaches’ Poll (ACC.com - October 15, 2012)

Predicted Order of Finish

1. NC State (8)
2. Duke (3)
3. North Carolina (1)
4. Miami
5. Florida State
6. Maryland
7. Virginia
8. Clemson
9. Georgia Tech
T10. Virginia Tech
T10. Wake Forest
12. Boston College

Big East Preseason Coaches’ Poll (BigEast.org - October 17, 2012)

Predicted Order of Finish

1. Louisville (14)
2. Syracuse
3. Notre Dame (1)
4. Cincinnati
5. Georgetown
6. Pittsburgh
7. Marquette
8. USF
9. Connecticut
10. St. John’s
11. Rutgers
12. Villanova
13. DePaul
14. Seton Hall
15. Providence

Re: A-10 Media Day Today at Barclays Center in Brooklyn

Predicted Order of Finish:

1. St. Joe's
2. Saint Louis
3. VCU
4. Temple
5. UMass
6. Butler
7. La Salle
8. Dayton
9. Xavier
10. Richmond
11. St. Bonaventure
12. Charlotte
13. George Washington
14. Fordham
15. Rhode Island
16. Duquesne

Thank you owlfan2272 for your dedication to these 'game day' threads and the info you provide - it's much appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
NC State is a 7.5 favorite over UMass. Seems a bit low; I expect the line to go up by game time.

Owlfan, you're welcome to come back next season and continue to do this valuable service.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'll look forward to seeing how Providence finishes in the Big Least. They showed some talent and guts last night.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yes, I don't expect that team to finish last. They did make a lot of lucky shots in the first half to stay in the game, but looked very good in the second half. Sometimes I think having just 6 guys is a positive. Guys get in the flow and play loose. Helps to be in shape, too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Now if Umass wins this game at the buzzer I will be impressed

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'll look forward to seeing how Providence finishes in the Big Least. They showed some talent and guts last night.
Until further notice, Depawful remains the BE bottom feeder. You can thank Jerry Wainwright for these last 8 years, Chicago fans. #strokeofluckforRichmond

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NC State is a 7.5 favorite over UMass. Seems a bit low; I expect the line to go up by game time.

Owlfan, you're welcome to come back next season and continue to do this valuable service.
We'll see, either way I am sure I will still be on here a lot and still be watching A-10 basketball a lot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am interested to see the bigs match up in the Dayton/Boston College game. I think one thing was made clear by Colorado, Dayton's big men have to be more physical.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

Final: Colorado 60, #16 Baylor 58 (Charleston Classic - ESPN Box Score)

Dayton vs. Boston College - Audio Feed (Charleston Classic - WHIO Radio Dayton)

Dayton vs. Boston College - Play-By-Play (Charleston Classic - ESPN)

Dayton vs. Boston College - Live Box Score (Charleston Classic - ESPN)

Freshman Dyshawn Pierre earns a spot in the Flyers' starting line-up.

Dayton scores first and leads 4-0.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

Tied at 10, then BC hits their third 3-pointer to take a 13-10 lead.

BC shooting 71% from the field and 75% from downtown.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts