3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current Scores:
70-67 Pacific over Xavier
78-65 VCU over Memphis
73-64 Charlotte over Texas St.

Scheduled Games:
Xavier(-7) plays Pacific (DirecTV Classic-1st round/Anaheim) at 2 pm ESPNU
Virginia Commonwealth (+2) plays #17 Memphis (Battle 4 Atlantis-1st round/Bahamas) at 7 pm NBC Sports Network
Charlotte (-7.5) plays Texas St. (Great Alaska Shootout-1st round/Anchorage) at 11:30 pm CBS Sports Network

Atlantic 10 Up to Date Standings:
Charlotte 0-0 4-0
Temple 0-0 2-0
Richmond 0-0 4-1
Virginia Commonwealth 0-0 3-1
Xavier 0-0 3-1
Saint Joseph's 0-0 3-1
Dayton 0-0 3-1
La Salle 0-0 2-1
St. Bonaventure 0-0 2-1
Butler 0-0 3-2
Saint Louis 0-0 2-2
Massachusetts 0-0 2-2
Duquesne 0-0 2-3
George Washington 0-0 1-2
Fordham 0-0 1-4
Rhode Island 0-0 0-4

Overall Non-Con Record: 37-26
*Caps denote home team

3 games to feast on for Thanksgiving. Xavier is a 7 point favorite taking on Pacific in the first round of the DirecTV Classic at 2 pm on ESPNU. VCU gets a big shot at a big resume win as they are 2 point underdogs facing #17 Memphis at 7 pm in the 1st round of the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament on NBC Sports Network. Finally Charlotte is a 7.5 point favorite playing Texas St. in the first round of the Great Alaskan Shootout at 11:30 pm on CBS Sports Network.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Doesn't seem right. Kids should be with their families on Thanksgiving. They're not professionals yet and they're not in the military either.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Doesn't seem right. Kids should be with their families on Thanksgiving. They're not professionals yet and they're not in the military either.
Bunch of kids would not have the means to get home anyway. I never went home for thanksgiving, always to a friends house. Would have been much happier playing basketball. A lot of these hoops players don't get home for Christmas either.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
32-30 Pacific over X at the half. I look for X to dump truck them in the second half.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

Atlantic 10 Conference homepage (ESPN)

Xavier vs. Pacific - Live Box Score (ESPN)

Xavier vs. Pacific - Live Play-By-Play (ESPN)

Muskies down 42-38 with 15 minutes left in the game.

Pacific out-rebounding Xavier 21-12.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Xavier started the game with a 9-0 run on Pacific.

Muskies down 49-44 with 11:45 left in the game.

Muskies down 53-46 with 10:00 left in the game.

Muskies down 56-46 with 9:15 left in the game, a 19-point turnaround.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Gonna take a nice comeback by X. 56-46 with 9 to go. Plenty of time.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Glad to know we have the UD crowd covering the X game. Thankfully, the "suck factor" thread has been closed... nooone would hear the end of it.

Xavier is playing so slow. Had success in first half when they got out and ran. Also, just getting totally out-muscled down low. Looks like they'd rather be at Disneyland than playing basketball. Pacific is also shooting real well in the second half.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Glad to know we have the UD crowd covering the X game. Thankfully, the "suck factor" thread has been closed... nooone would hear the end of it.

Xavier is playing so slow. Had success in first half when they got out and ran. Also, just getting totally out-muscled down low. Looks like they'd rather be at Disneyland than playing basketball. Pacific is also shooting real well in the second half.
If it weren't for us, no one here would know the X score....the loud and boisterous crowd of the last week are no where to be found. Props to you for making an appearance though.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Generally on Thanksgiving, my (and I assume others) first thing on the to-do list isn't to jump on a message board.

Particularly for another team... Heck, I don't think I even made a comment on UD's tourney. Not even sure who they played other than the Colorado loss.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
I like the X team of the last 4 mins of the 2nd half. Not sure where they were the first 16 mins... Playing a slow game and getting in half-court matches isn't going to win too many games for X this year.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Didn't see any of the game, but WH called it.
I think we should have beat that team. Tough loss.
On to the next one. I suspect we need a lot of work, but these guys can grow and do better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Disappointing defensive effort today. Too many open shots in 2nd half. They did look slow today. That said, credit Pacific, they shot the hell out of the ball second half.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I know someone said that getting off to a fast start helps, but X never capitalized on their 9-0 opening binge.

It's also tough to rebound when you let your opponent shoot at a 60-70% clip, especially in the 2nd half. Drexel/Saint Mary's will only be a tougher opponent come tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Definitely credit to Pacific. Shot lights out in second half.

Wish we would have got this one, cause we'll likely drop the next one as well (Drexel/St Marys)

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Couple stats stand out in this one....one, the rebounding advantage that Pacific had and two, the bench points....44-7 in favor of Pacific.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Couple stats stand out in this one....one, the rebounding advantage that Pacific had and two, the bench points....44-7 in favor of Pacific.

Rebounding needs to change.

The bench scoring stat in this game doesn't mean anything. Pacific's "bench" played more than their starters. 4 of their starters played 14, 14, 15 and 20. Regardless, Xavier will never win bench scoring. X only plays 2.5 people off the bench.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts