Virginia Commonwealth 0-0 3-3
Massachusetts 0-0 2-2
George Washington 0-0 2-3
Duquesne 0-0 2-3
Fordham 0-0 1-4
Rhode Island 0-0 1-5

Overall Non-Con Record: 48-31

*Caps denote home team

Only one game on Monday and hopefully should be a win. GW faces Mount St. Mary's at home at 7 pm.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
quiet monday and tuesday then huge days wednesday and saturday

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
So after all these holiday tournaments, what's the state of conference? 48-30 doesn't seem great but having seen most of the teams play it looks like a very very tough league.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
The A-10 has played the 4th toughest OOC schedule according to the RPI numbers and we're ranked #6 as a conference. 48-30 is a good result, especially since nine of the 30 losses are from URI and Fordham (and only one of the 48 wins).

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The A-10 has played the 4th toughest OOC schedule according to the RPI numbers and we're ranked #6 as a conference. 48-30 is a good result, especially since nine of the 30 losses are from URI and Fordham (and only one of the 48 wins).
How is that possible since URI and Fordham have both won one game each?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Not sure the numbers are beginning to settle enough to bother looking closely yet, but the rpiforecast.com page is probably a better indicator of how the OOC is going than the current rpi (it uses Sagarin's ratings to predict future outcomes and how they'll affect rpi). Charlotte provides a good example of why. They are currently 56 rpi, but expected rpi of mid-80's, because they have played a weak schedule so far and have tougher games coming up in the future in the conference. Meanwhile, VCU is currently 54, but expected to be ~23 because they've played tough teams, but have weaker teams coming up in the schedule where they're expected to win.

This page is predicting 9 A10 teams will end up top 100 rpi: http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/A10.html

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The expected UMass rpi of 110 sounds about right for how they've been playing. But it's gonna be incendiary over at umasshoops.com if that's how things end up. I'm hoping Kellogg gets some coaching done before the next game on Wednesday and things look better.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What's the issue with GW? Seems like they should be doing better than this. Is Lonergan doing a slow rebuild?

That's about what Major did at Charlotte, and we're still hoping it works out.

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Former VCU assistant Jamion Christian gets his first head coaching victory over an A-10 school since taking over the reigns at Mt. St. Mary's this year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What's the issue with GW? Seems like they should be doing better than this. Is Lonergan doing a slow rebuild?

That's about what Major did at Charlotte, and we're still hoping it works out.
Pellom hasn't played yet and for now, they're going with a really young lineup. A lot Hobbs' old players are struggling to fit in with Lonergan. Last year Taylor and Smith took steps back. Kromah hasn't played more than 27 minutes this year.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
GW and Mount St Marys played one of the sloppiest games I've seen in awhile. GW committed 25 turnovers, MSM 19.

Yet many of the GW turnovers were unforced - just bad decisions. Some of the MSM TOs were bad, but more were forced by the Colonials defense.

Bryan Byrnes had two - count em, TWO! - five-second violations against just moderate ball pressure. More like brain freeze. Can't remember the last time I saw one player do this twice in a game.

And frosh Patricio Garino coughed up the ball four times in the last 10 minutes. He needs to get used to the speed of Division athletes, I guess. Just kind of ran into defenders and they stripped him.

GW shot 51% despite missing all its threes. Problem is, they did not guard the perimeter all that well and MSM shot 53% behind the arc.

Terrible loss, to be sure, but I doubt GW will play quite that bad again this year. Truly awful stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts