Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot think of one good reason to drive 25 miles round trip, plus pay for parking, to watch the Portland Trail Blazers lose by double digits to a non-playoff bound team, something I've already experienced numerous times this season. Can anyone think of one reason why I should go to tomorrow's game?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
1. A nice dinner out before hand (with vino!).
2. Ice cream during the third quarter.
3. The prospect of a win.
4. A breakout game by one of the youngin's.
5. Park for free instead. It'll be a nice spring evening for a short walk.

(quick...select one as I'm runnin out of valid reasons really fast)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Scarlett Black said:
I cannot think of one good reason to drive 25 miles round trip, plus pay for parking, to watch the Portland Trail Blazers lose by double digits to a non-playoff bound team, something I've already experienced numerous times this season. Can anyone think of one reason why I should go to tomorrow's game?
It looks like you've wrapped your head around the concept of "sunk costs", SB.

Congratulations... I guess. I wish the Blazers weren't an example of sunk costs theory in action.

Ed O.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just because they lose doesn't mean you cant enjoy the sport or the game between the two teams.

If you're going to be that anal about the Trail Blazers, knowing that they are in the middle of the rebuilding stages, you should have stopped watching at game 1.

I don't care if they win or lose, I just love watching the game between the two opponents....

But, hell, that's just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Scarlett Black said:
If you email a link of your post to Blazers customer service, I bet they'd pick up the tab on something.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blue32 said:
Just because they lose doesn't mean you cant enjoy the sport or the game between the two teams.

If you're going to be that anal about the Trail Blazers, knowing that they are in the middle of the rebuilding stages, you should have stopped watching at game 1.

I don't care if they win or lose, I just love watching the game between the two opponents....

But, hell, that's just my opinion. :)
Please don't scold me. I've been to all the games this year. I admire your optimism, but personally I'm struggling with sitting through another lackluster effort. Generally, I can enjoy this game between two teams, but only one team has been showing up lately.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wow, apparently you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. =)
I think it's just a rediculous expectation to think that this year you were going to get something different than what we havent already seen.

Not to mention, it's almost like you're saying the parking fee and "oh noes" the whole twenty five mile round trip is what you care about most when deciding to come support the team.

Parking, and mileage aside, come to the game, enjoy the arena atmosphere and let loose a few boo's and hurray's from your bellows. Hell drink a beer, sounds like you need one. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Bright Side:

1) 12-and-a-half miles one way isn't that bad-- heck, that's closer than Gresham!!

2) Since they'll be playing a non-playoff team that's down a star, it will be less crowded to park on a nearby street, and the game will likely be more competitive, since this Blazers team gets schooled by most shooting guards.

3) You could be one of the few to say, "I was there when..." if something amazing happens. That's always a draw for me when it comes to any sporting event. Like say Blaze loses his mask, and makes kids cry... or Darius scores 20. Think of it as a privledge to be there.

4) They NEED you (a marketing technique I believe the Blazers should employ). If you're not there screaming your head off, Darius can hear the voices in his head too clearly, and do bad bad things.

Let's Go Blazers!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'll be there, but only because I already paid for the tickets.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
RipCity9 said:
I'll be there, but only because I already paid for the tickets.
So you, my friend, do not understand sunk costs :)

Ed O.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Reason #175: A basketball game makes a great date nite
Reason #213: Harvey's Comedy club is just across the river and shows start after the game!
Reason #74: Scalpers nearly give their tickets away to great seats.
Reason #42: The half time entertainment
Reason #362: Elbow room in your seats (stadium half full or half empty which ever way you look at it.)
Reason #145: Photo Opportunities, I'm always looking for a great photo to take.
Reason #5: I love my Blazers!
Reason #67: Nike said to: Just DO it. :)
Reason #1001: The sound of squeeky shoes on a basketball court sooths my wife when she's cranky!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.