Saint Louis 0-0 5-3
Massachusetts 0-0 4-3
Duquesne 0-0 6-4
George Washington 0-0 4-6
Rhode Island 0-0 2-7
Fordham 0-0 1-8

Overall Non-Con Record: 89-51

*Caps denote home team

Just one game on Friday for the A-10 and it is a pretty big one. Charlotte looks to start the season 10-0 and grab it's biggest win yet as they go on the road to face Miami as 9 point underdogs.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Several of the FSN networks will be showing the game as well. FS Carolinas, FS South, SUN, NESN, FS Arizona and a few others.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We were 9 point dogs to Davidson as well and we all know how that turned out. Granted, Miami is a tougher test, but they haven't played for two weeks. I hope they are rusty and think we are the same team they trashed last year.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Charlotte not looking great early, but still in it. Miami has the worst athletic support of any major team. The gym is more or less completely empty.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tough tough matchup for us. Miami is massive inside and we try to score all of our points there. We havent seen this kind of size since we played them last year and the same thing happened. They blocked all our interior offense and they hit everything they threw up from outside.

I am a little annoyed at the charging calls against us. Very questionable. Feel like we should only be down 7.

That said, Miami is beastly. How in the hell do they lose? Such an underperforming team they have. How many pros do they have? At least 3?

Oh well - let's go Niners!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Charlotte's defense is just not doing it. They're responding to screens really poorly leading to a lot of open layups.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I don't care what attendance says, no way there is 1,000 people there tonight. Might be as pathetic as our performance.
The announcers tried to handwave it away with the old students are on holiday excuse. I don't think more than 200 Miami students attend games regularly.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
We got whipped tonight, hopefully our team responds in a big way the rest of the season, but Miami came out of the gate and took it to us. Kadji for some reason tends to light us up. If he could consistently play like that, he'd be a solid NBA player. Miami looks to be a top 3-4 ACC team, so the loss isn't that bad, but I thought we'd put up a better fight.

Still, 9-1 this far into the season is still nothing to be ashamed of.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Now that the game's over, we can go back to "Guess which conference your school will be in next year".

Tough loss, but still a nice start for Charlotte.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Blah - I wish I hadnt been expecting this all week, but I have. Still no fan of those charge calls, but we got manhandled and exposed for our lack of shooters.

This Miami team can be beat, but not by a team that tries to play them straight up and pound it inside. I am trying to come up with 3 teams in the country that matchup with them like that... struggling to find any.

Here's hoping they dominate like their talent warrants and make this look a little better.

Ad here's hoping we right the ship this weekend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts