Massachusetts 0-0 5-3
Saint Joseph's 0-0 5-3
Duquesne 0-0 6-5
George Washington 0-0 4-6
Rhode Island 0-0 3-7
Fordham 0-0 2-8

Overall Non-Con Record: 101-54

*Caps denote home team

2 games on Tuesday for the A-10. Richmond is a 15.5 point underdog in a huge road game for them against #8 Kansas at 7 pm. VCU is a 16.5 point favorite at home as they take on 8-3 Western Kentucky at 7 pm on NBC Sports Network.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Man, WKU +16.5 seems crazy high. That's a pretty good team. They lost by 5 at a really good Murray State team's place over the weekend.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Man, WKU +16.5 seems crazy high. That's a pretty good team. They lost by 5 at a really good Murray State team's place over the weekend.
VCU is very, very good at the Seagull Center. I believe their home court is worth well more than your standard 3 point swing. Possibly 6 or 7.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Eleven games into the season and I still have no feel for how good Richmond really is. Scary and exciting.
Not sure a game at Kansas will tell you much either, unless the Spiders really surprise. But the next 3 after that should be interesting: George Mason, Davidson, then Air Force.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm pretty sure WKU is playing without 1 or both of their top 2 scorers. VCU's scoring 74.2 at home while only giving up 57 per game.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Not sure a game at Kansas will tell you much either, unless the Spiders really surprise. But the next 3 after that should be interesting: George Mason, Davidson, then Air Force.
I don't know. I think a 20 point win would say a lot.

Ok, it might say the Mayans are right, but still...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
BTW how did WKU get pretty good? Started last year 9-18 (including back to back losses to VCU). Then ended 7-1 & this year 8-3.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Mid-season coaching change. They canned Ken McDonald and promoted Ray Harper. Harper won 4 D2 championships at Kentucky Wesleyan and is a pretty good x's and o's coach.

They played Murray State pretty close without their top 2 scorers (17 and 16 ppg). I wouldn't touch that 16.5 line, but I wouldn't be surprised if VCU covers. We are very, very good from what I've seen this year, especially after the Atlantis tournament experience.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Richmond has a very powerful offense, but I am not so sure about their defense. They seemed like they gave up at the end of the Minnesota and Ohio games. I can see this being a blowout if Kansas gets an early lead on Richmond, or being tight to the very end. Richmond led Minnesota by 7 with 10 minutes left in the game before falling apart, and Minnesota is just as good as Kansas according to kenpom.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
This is awesome. Being in the US for a change, I get to watch Richmond and Kansas from the comfort of my parents' house on a huge television, not on a web feed, and not at 8 in the morning. Go Spiders!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
This higher resolution image has allowed me to realize one key weakness of Richmond. Their coaches have no idea how to match shirts and ties.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Kansas is just really strong down low with Withey et al. I don't think Richmond is going to be able to shoot well enough from the outside to keep this close. It doesn't help that McLemore is looking unstoppable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts