Massachusetts 0-0 6-3
Saint Joseph's 0-0 5-3
Duquesne 0-0 7-5
George Washington 0-0 4-6
Rhode Island 0-0 3-7
Fordham 0-0 2-8

Overall Non-Con Record: 106-57

*Caps denote home team

8 games for the A-10 on Wednesday. Xavier renews the rivalry with #11 Cincinnati at 7 pm on ESPN2 as 7.5 point underdogs and I'm sure last years game
won't be brought up at all on the telecast. Duquesne is a 4.5 point favorite at home as they play 7-3 Western Michigan at 7 pm. St. Bonaventure is a 20.5
point favorite hosting the Citadel at 7 pm. Temple is a 9.5 point favorite at home facing 7-2 Baron led Canisius team at 7 pm. Dayton is just a 4 point
favorite at home as they face the 8-3 Illnois St Redbirds also at 7 pm. UMass is facing Ohio at home in a virtual pickem game at 7:30. Charlotte hosts
Radford as a tuneup to their big FSU game this weekend at 7:30 pm. Finally Saint Louis is a 22 point favorite at home playing Eastern Illinois at 8 pm.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'll be at the Arena tomorrow night for UD/Illinois State. -4 seems about right for the line. Looking forward to a more refined version of Cincy/X. Cheering for X since that would be a big win for the conference. UMass/Ohio is very interesting too. What do you think UMass fans? Is this a must win for your at large chances?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The Duquesne game is on NBC Sports, not that it is more intersting than the brawl

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
My Predictions (each > = 5 points in that winning team's direction):

Cincy>>>Xavier
Western Michigan>>>>Duquesne
Welders>>>The Citadel (Go Bulldogs though, that's my father's alma mater)
Temple>Canisius
Illinois State>>>>Dayton
UMass>Ohio
Charlotte>>>>Radford
St Louis>>>>>Eastern Illinois

Z8's Record to Date: Discontinued, as the spreadsheet file has been lost.

NOTE (@DukesDan): You better hope I'm not as spot on with my Duquesne prediction as I was last time, and there's a very strong possibility that I will be correct once more.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Now I am worried. Z8 may have zeroed in on Duquesne.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am not kidding. You frighten me to my bones.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
as for the umass game. i think minuteman nation is waiting for this team to get in a groove. i think we're disappointed that we've barely squeaked by some weak times. that said there are two distinct camps i see forming. there were those who watched the first few games on tv and saw us taking awful shots from all over the floor. every time we play a game these people bitch about the same thing over and over again. then there's the group who has watched every game and see improvement in shot selection and recognize that we're missing A LOT of open shots that went down last year. i think we're due for a game where we roll a good opponent. is tonight the night? i don't know, but i hope so.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If we can build on the Cleveland State game, and win this one big, we can go into NC State with a head of steam.

It'll be interesting to see how UMass and Temple do...I don't know if Ohio and Canisius are decent, or if we just made them look that way (like we did for UB).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
rprforecast (which I believe uses Sagrain for their ratings, but could be another computer) has UD as a slight underdog at home tonight. B/w Illinois St & Murray St this week, UD has 2 big opportunities to win games vs teams that may end up in the rpi top 50.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Nothing easy about this game tonight for the Flyers. Illinois St is a pretty complete team. Carmichael is a beast at 6'9" 240+. Have to stop him and a guard that they have that is avg almost 18 ppg. The Redbirds don't have a marquee win yet (UAB and and a pretty bad Drexel team being it so far) but they played at Louisville and darn near pulled it off. Close lose to Northwestern also.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323512287

·
Registered
488 Posts
Most people (not on this board) forget the 20 point thrashing that was teh UC game last year before the brawl. I think UC wins in similar fashion tonight. Take the bearcats, give the points.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Lot of different faces for X this time around. How about for UC?
UMass-Ohio pick 'em. I'll be there with my wife and my Valium.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
UC has basically everyone back except Gates. Our guards are going to have to shoot well and the bigs need to rebound for X to have any chance.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts