Massachusetts 0-0 4-3
Saint Louis 0-0 4-3
Duquesne 0-0 4-3
George Washington 0-0 4-4
Rhode Island 0-0 2-6
Fordham 0-0 1-7

Overall Non-Con Record: 73-41

*Caps denote home team

6 games for the A-10 on Tuesday including 5 on the road. Fordham goes on the road to face a 6-2 Lehigh team at 7 pm. UMass desperately needs a win on the road as a 3 point favorite versus Northeastern. Richmond is a 5 point favorite on the road as they play Old Dominion at 7 pm. St Joes looks to rebound with a win over Coppin St at 7:30 pm. GW looks to win it's 3rd in a row as they play Bradley at 8 pm. Finally the Bonnies are 12.5 point favorites at home taking on Siena on NBC Sports Network at 9 pm.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
The Franciscan Cup will be on the line tomorrow as Bona hosts Siena. The Bonnies have never relinquished the trophy and it would be terribly disappointing if they did tomorrow night. Still, I think Siena has some talent and their backs are against the wall. The Bonnies need to bring it.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
As a fan of both UMass and Northeastern, let me offer my insight on the game. This game will be a lot closer than I had originally thought it would be. Northeastern is playing quality basketball this year, best I've seen in years. Our three leading scorers, Joel Smith, Quincy Ford, and Reggie Spencer are all scoring in the double-digits. We've been missing our best player, Jonathan Lee, the entire year, but have not suffered because of a strong freshman class led by David Walker and Zach Stahl, two sharpshooters. This year's NU team is athletic, can shoot well, and plays the trademark tight Bill Coen defense. UMass with the loss of Cady Lalanne and the already mediocre play will be at odds in this game more than they would have liked. With Cady gone, both teams are about even overall in size and athleticism. UMass has more talent, but NU is far better coached. It's as simple as this, if the shots finally fall for UMass, then they will win. If the shots don't fall, UMass will not be able to eek out a win like they did vs Harvard, Providence, and Siena. Northeastern is too good to let them get away with 30 missed three-pointers.

My Predictions (each > = 5 points in that winning team's direction):

Lehigh>>>>Fordham
Northeastern>UMass
Richmond>>>ODU
St Joes>>>>Coppin State
GW>Bradley
Bona>Siena

Z8's Record to Date: TBA, upon further information.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A very important game for UMass. They have the talent to win even without Cady. Can't really say they had the talent to beat NCState, Tenn, or Miami, although maybe they did? But this game, they definitely do. So, it will be about the coaches. I hope they go back to their running game with Cady out of the line up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Miami's size made for a terrible matchup for UMass. The pace of the NU game should be more favorable and that should mitigate the loss of Lalanne, but they'll have to play good perimeter defense against Smith and the other guards. If they can do that and take better shots than they have been taking lately, it's a game UMass should win. I too am very concerned about this team right now.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I was wondering who 'we' would be in this game. I guess it is Northeastern.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What is happening with St. Joes?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
ODU looks like a JV team compared to what they were just a couple of years ago. But still, walking on anyone's home floor and kicking in their teeth is impressive. Good job, Richmond.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Score Updates:

61-58 Northeastern leads Umass with 4:01 left
71-47 Richmond leads ODU with 4:07 left
65-49 Lehigh leads Fordham with 6:48 left
32-31 St Joe's leads Coppin St with 18:35 left
38-21 Bradley leads GW with 44 seconds left in the first half

·
Registered
3,881 Posts