Saint Louis 0-0 5-3
Massachusetts 0-0 4-3
Duquesne 0-0 5-4
George Washington 0-0 4-5
Rhode Island 0-0 2-7
Fordham 0-0 1-8

Overall Non-Con Record: 87-48

*Caps denote home team

Just the 1 game on Sunday for the A-10. Xavier is a 10 point favorite hoping to shake off a home loss to Vanderbilt as they take on Kent St. at home at 4 pm.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The biggest challenge this year (other than creating a new team dynamic almost from scratch with new players) was the lack of depth and what an injury would do.
We're about to find out as Justin Martin (second leading scorer behind Semaj) is sidelined with a concussion.
Hope he's back for UC game. Will have a nice break between now and then.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Concussions are obviously the talk of the sports world. Johnson missed one full game last year and didnt start the one after that and barely played. I cant remember the time in between games.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
778 Posts
lindsay missed a game and a half earlier this season due to a concussion and the Spiders proceeded to blow a 7 point second half lead against Minnesota and got blown out at Ohio, their only two losses. He missed about ten days all told

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Concussions are obviously the talk of the sports world. Johnson missed one full game last year and didnt start the one after that and barely played. I cant remember the time in between games.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App
Not all concussions are equal I suppose. Justin Moruneo (sp?) missed like half a season of baseball following a concussion.

Hope Martin is back healthy soon.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Brad Redford, stepping up when needed: 4/5 from behind the arc. Dee steadier this time around. Poor shooting night overall and the FT% again, but they did what they had to do without having Martin.

Find a way to win and "advance" (in the regular season, of course).

Should they be 8 - 1 at this point? Probably, but, as WH pointed out about the Vandy game, it's college basketball.

7 - 2 is a reasonable foundation upon which to build from here. Get Martin back, practice well, rest up, and we'll see what happens downtown against the Bearkittens.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Xavier's guards in the second were the difference in the game. Redford seems to have a few of these games per year. He was coming hard off screens and had the jumper working. At the same time, Xavier's bigs helped keep Kent State in the game. Tabb just ripped them apart inside, and especially on the offensive glass.

An ugly game, but a win is a win. Jeff Robinson. Woof.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Jeff Robinson is a player that makes you crazy as a fan. It's as if someone said "here you go, here is all the athletic ability in the world, you can run and jump with anyone, and you're 6'9" to boot"

Then he just disappears for very long stretches. Mentally checks out.

Think X is a strong rebounder away from being an NCAA team.

That being said, 2 months ago I was fine with season win total of 17 or 18. Want a little more after watching the first 9 games.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
X is an above average, good team. Not to be confused with a very good team. Couple talented guys with some "lunch bucket" types. We will have to win by playing great defense. Lousy d, no win.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts