Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's Damon Stoudamire at the HALF in Washington.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Those stats tell a lie,imo. I love Damon,but he still doesn't run the offesne that well...ALTHOUGH he had some pretty passes,still holding the ball too long,but I'll take that half over almost anything he has done this season in a second.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, had 10 assts and 1 turnover in a half. He made all his threes. We lead by 16 on the road.

You can't ask for better PG play in this entire league.

That may be the most impressive first half by any PG this year.

I mean, how can the stats tell a lie when we're winning? Don't tell me it's just the Wiz. The Wiz just beat the Pacers.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
Dude, had 10 assts and 1 turnover in a half. He made all his threes. We lead by 16 on the road.

You can't ask for better PG play in this entire league.

That may be the most impressive first half by any PG this year.

I mean, how can the stats tell a lie when we're winning? Don't tell me it's just the Wiz. The Wiz just beat the Pacers.
I'm with you on this one. I think that people who have pretty much anything negative to say about his play so far in this game are just going to be negative about him no matter what he does. He was excellent, both in stats and in play, in my opinion.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's our Damon Stoudamire?

I thought we had just acquired Jason Kidd. That can't be our sorry starting point guard, is it?:eek:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Re: That's our Damon Stoudamire?

Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!
I thought we had just acquired Jason Kidd. That can't be our sorry starting point guard, is it?:eek:
He's good for these numbers about 1-2 games a year. Too bad he can't consistently put them together. :cry:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
what is that old saying?

"Every dog has his day?"

Put some games together in a row with play like this and I might be williing to change my opinion of Damon, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO ONE in this league puts up those numbers consistently.

No one. Not Damon. Not anybody.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
:sleep: Relax guys. Damon always has one good game out of 8 that gets us all excited and believing that he really isn't that bad. Then he'll stink again for a couple weeks.

He's tricksey, he's false. Sneeky little Hobbitses!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Wake up

And smell the coffee! Sure he has some good stats for once, but his opposite, Juan Dixon, who usually has an "Efficiency" of 4, currently has 16 for the night, and its not over yet. See the problem? The Blazers are not having problems scoring, the problem is, Defense. Every single night, if I had to pick a player from the opposing team to be leading scorer, I would pick whoever Damon was guarding. Most of the time I would be right.

:eek:

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
so Damon goes for 11 assists while the guy he's guarding goes for 30 points. Juan Dixon, no less.

i'm supposed to think Damon had a good game?

guess what--those were the worst 11 assists you'll see in the NBA. I counted 10 different possessions in just the first half where the shot clock went below 13 before Damon allowed a teammate to touch the ball. Damon has figured out that if he holds the ball for nearly half the time we have possesion, he's going to get more assists.

should we congratulate him for this?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
anyone care to post his 2nd half stats???.. and include his turnovers

its not very impressive.. he is inconsistant

and I think he had more assists due to Darius being in the game... exit Darius.. his assists go down.. and everyone had fumblitus in the 2nd half it seems

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theWanker</b>!
so Damon goes for 11 assists while the guy he's guarding goes for 30 points. Juan Dixon, no less.
Word. Scrubster Dixon goes for a career high of 30 against Stoudamire. How much does that counter Stoudamire's impressive assist and scoring numbers?

Really, it's like only Stoudamire can somehow be a liability when he's going off for his best night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts