Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steps that led to yet another pitiful season ...

1. Rigged lottery lands the Bulls the worst possible pick in the draft.

2. Krause retires, Paxson hired as his replacement rendering the Bulls front office clueless.

3. Bulls primary trade bait (JWill) wraps his motorbike and himself around a light pole and renders himself inoperable for the remainder of his would-be career.

4. The Bulls' indecisiveness prevents then from making a serious run at a reputable and quality headcoach (Van Gundy or Carlisle)

5. The Bulls are unable to acquire a quality free agent amoung a rich free agent pool (Maggette, Odom, etc.)

6. Instead the Bulls sign the washed up and injury-prone Scottie Quitten Pippen who summarily does nothing. They're other so called "big name" signing was the decrepid Kendal Gill.

7. Bulls fail to work out a deal to secure their promising young PG, Jamal Crawford.

8. With no long-term PG solidified, the Bulls draft Kirk Hinrich with the 8th pick. (If Williams wouldn't have been so careless, it's not likely that Hinrich would have been a Bull, in which case, JC would have been the PG, with Rose at SG, Yell at SF, Chandler at PF, and Curry at C).

9. Bulls start season with a clueless headcoach. He immediately alienates players by benching them for no apperant reason. The Bulls are not competitive for most of their games. It's clear that the Capt Cartright has lost control of his ship and his players have no will to play for him.

10. The Bulls trade away two solid players in Rose and Marshall, and another young but respectable player in Baxtor for the over-priced and washed up Antonio Davis and a scrappy defender in JYD. Losing Rose wasn't that bad, but to trade one cap casualty (Rose) for a bigger one (AD) and have to give up the affordable Donyell Marshall in the process was assinine.

11. The Bulls hire Scott Skiles. Now, I am not convinced that Skiles was a bad choice and I totally agree that Cartright had to go, but I'm not sure that he was the best available. Perhaps he was, I don't know.

12. Chandler hurts his back and goes on the IL, Crawford is forced to play SG, and the Bulls pretty much lose every game thereafter.

13. Dupree is signed from the NBDL and plays like a man possessed during his 10 day contract stints. But as soon as he secures a deal for the rest of the season ... he disappears.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just realized that there is already another post of a similar topic posted by MikeDC. My bad. After reading his post, I realize I forget to list a very important mistake, Releasing Hassell and signing Johnson.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
uhhhh the Yankee scout got Shi+ canned, and is working in baseball (not retired) after a humongous NBA bidding war for his "services" scared him into working with a radar gun;)

Pax gets hired....and the Bulls front office CONTINUES to be clueless, plus is held hostage by an undertalented roster and immature7 foot toddlers left over from incompetance.

The last chance lotto scheme was in effect after free agent rejections and a failed arrogance. The arrogant one then traded Artest Miller and Mercer for a cancer sack named Rose (who forced nubian Pax into a fire sale panic on the dead back peddle):yes:

thats called a nuclear chain implosion which began firing 6 years ago under Clueless Krause

1 - 3 of 3 Posts