Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until Dayton ends the Xavier streak...

I will be there and you bet I will rush the court just like thousands of other Dayton fans.

THE STREAK WILL FINALLY BE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes::yesyesyes:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Doing a count down to a game in which you are 0-31, and probably have no better chance of winning than in previous yrs., seems a little absurd, but then, consider the source.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
No better chance? X won the last 3 games at Cintas on the heroics of Crawford, Tu, Tu and this by far the worst of those X teams....by far. I hope you don't dispute that.

That being said, UD will lose 51-49 as we shoot 29% from the field.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
No better chance? X won the last 3 games at Cintas on the heroics of Crawford, Tu, Tu and this by far the worst of those X teams....by far. I hope you don't dispute that.
I like your chances. Based on the logic you noted...remember...UD's backcourt is comprised of 2...transfers!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

That being said, UD will lose 51-49 as we shoot 29% from the field.
No dispute. We've already had 2 A-10 teams come in. I certainly wouldn't say UD scares anybody this year.

·
Registered
488 Posts
January 10th, 1981.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
In the past 30+ years, there have been some Dayton teams that were better than the Xavier team they played. Some times I just think streaks like this get in the players heads.

It will eventually end. This year is just as good as any.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I reflect on the pre-season thoughts of WH. X will still be tough at home this year despite the big drop-off in talent recently.
You guys are ridiculous. You all had finally convinced me it was just luck and poor officiating all those years -> then I read this and am confused again.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
You guys are ridiculous. You all had finally convinced me it was just luck and poor officiating all those years -> then I read this and am confused again.
Lucky transfers, lucky NCAA draws, recruiting thugs. The UD fan version of the Xavier Way.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Xavierhoops' observations:

1. 32 years

2. Jimmy Carter

That's some truly, truly embarrassing stuff for Dayton fans. Not sure if I were a UD supporter I can even bring myself to comment on a thing such as that.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'm not sure if you are looking for iron-clad predictions of UD tearing you up at Cintas, but I think most would say this year there is a much better chance of a UD win than any I can remember. Why? Because X normally has not accumulated the home losses that they have this year. I would still expect X to be favored on their home court, but not as heavily as in past years.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The betting line on this game will actually be very interesting if Dayton is playing decently. X is not good, but a dog in a game you havent lost in forever? maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
UD may win this year. As others have said, there were years when UD's team was better than X's but simply couldn't get the job done. Certainly, every year that it has continued puts the Flyers in a more advantageous position for winning if only due to the law of averages. It's bound to happen some year (I think).

And yet, when I think of the competitive juices flowing through the bodies of Travis Taylor, Semaj Christon, Dee Davis, Brad Redford, Justin Martin, Jeff Robinson, Isaiah Philmore, Erik Stenger, James Farr, and Landen Amos, I can't imagine any one of them leaving anything on the floor that night in making sure the streak doesn't end on their watch!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
UD may win this year. As others have said, there were years when UD's team was better than X's but simply couldn't get the job done. Certainly, every year that it has continued puts the Flyers in a more advantageous position for winning if only due to the law of averages. It's bound to happen some year (I think).

And yet, when I think of the competitive juices flowing through the bodies of Travis Taylor, Semaj Christon, Dee Davis, Brad Redford, Justin Martin, Jeff Robinson, Isaiah Philmore, Erik Stenger, James Farr, and Landen Amos, I can't imagine any one of them leaving anything on the floor that night in making sure the streak doesn't end on their watch!
Ya....I don't disagree with this. No X team wants to be the one that loses the streak. I fully expect this game to be a war.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts