Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1994 NBA Draft

• Glenn Robinson (1'st Round: 1'st Overall)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Kidd (1'st Round: 2'nd Overall)

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • Grant Hill (1'st Round: 3'rd Overall)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Donyell Marshall (1'st Round: 4'th Overall)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Juwan Howard (1'st Round: 5'th Overall)

• Brian Grant (1'st Round: 8'th Overall)

• Eddie Jones (1'st Round: 10'th Overall)

• Jalen Rose (1'st Round: 13'th Overall)

• Voshon Lenard (2'nd Round: 46'th Overall)

• Other

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Jkidd- only other possibility I see is Grant Hill

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Kidd...

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
grant hill, I feel if I wanted to win a title, he'd be the best player to have...

Remember hill was a point forward and essentially did everything kidd did, except better, in addition, you could drive very effectively, nice shot, amazing passer, and played with little talent.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KennethTo</b>!
grant hill, I feel if I wanted to win a title, he'd be the best player to have...

Remember hill was a point forward and essentially did everything kidd did, except better, in addition, you could drive very effectively, nice shot, amazing passer, and played with little talent.
Yeah .. Hill was basically a 6'8" Kidd with better scoring ability. Hill was also the best triple-double man in the game.

·
Premium Member
100,058 Posts
The only possible answers I see for this are the Co-ROY's from this draft, Grant Hill and Jason Kidd. Personally, I'd take a healthy Hill without thinking twice, but the reality is, even if he plays again, Grant Hill will never be the same basketball player he was pre-ankle problems. For that reason, and that reason alone, my vote is for Jason Kidd.

·
Premium Member
100,058 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Yeah .. Hill was basically a 6'8" Kidd with better scoring ability. Hill was also the best triple-double man in the game.
Did you notice how 2 players from that list(Grant Hill and Juwan Howard) are both on the Magic, and at the lowpoint in their basketball careers. Howard is getting old, and losing some of his skills, and Hill is injured of course. Some luck, eh?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's between Grant Hill and Jason Kidd, but since Hill injured in his prime, I'd go with Kidd.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Only tdizzle could answer this for sure, having posed the question, but for anybody who picked Hill, what part of "knowing how they developed" is unclear?. He had six terrific seasons and that's all he's ever gonna have. A not very good analogy, but it's like saying "I'd pick Bobby Hurley, but tell him to stay out of automobiles" or something. :rolleyes:

Kidd, duh.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts