Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I won't start saying there is a ref conspiracy againdtthe Spurs but you got to admit this stat sounds pretty weird. How come the team scoring the most points in the paint be dead last at free throw attempts? There must be something wrong in here, esp. with slashers such as TP and Manu...
I don't know if there is something going on with the "flopping" Manu was accused of in last year's playoffs or maybe it's his new haircut? I also know Timmy isn't as agressive as he could be but it doesn't explain such numbers. And it is not like if the Spurs were getting open looks anytime the shoot from the paint.

What do you guys think? Strange isn't it?

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ive been thinking of this as well, i know parker allways gets the short end of the stick when he drives but this yr its all SO Duncan. i understand manu cause he hasnt been as effective but now duncan. im sure it will all work out in the end of the yr. this stat is just puzzleing

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
That is pretty strange, but it makes sense because that means the Spurs are getting lots of easy buckets in the paint, mostly Tony Parker.

Tim Duncan pretty much singlehandedly is the reason why are FTA's aren't that high this season. This season, he's down two FTA's per game from last season, and he's even playing more minutes. Manu is down about 1 FTA per game, but now that he's looking better he'll approach 6 FTA's per game just like last season.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Don't worry guys. They'll start increasing once Manu gets back to his usual self. He hasn't been the same uber aggressive Manu this year but it will come. Also Duncan needs to be more aggressive when he gets the ball in the paint. Sometimes I feel like he shys away from contact too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts