Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was everyone's first live NBA game they went to?

Mine was the Chicago Bulls vs Vancouver Grizzlies in Vancouver

I slept overnight in front of Shoppers Drug Mart to get cheap seats....and ended up sneaking down to the lower bowl at half time

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Phoenix Suns at Denver. I dont remember too much about it because I was only like 7 and wasn't a basketball freak like I am now.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
i've never been to a live game before. when i was in the 5th grade, they used to give out free nets tickets to students participating in the d.a.r.e. program (you know, that anti-drug program), but i'd never be able to find transportation to the game. :cry:

but this season, i will be attending my first game. :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BizzyRipsta</b>!
i've never been to a live game before. when i was in the 5th grade, they used to give out free nets tickets to students participating in the d.a.r.e. program (you know, that anti-drug program), but i'd never be able to find transportation to the game. :cry:

but this season, i will be attending my first game. :D
i got tickets for dare also when i was in 5th grade.

The seats they gave out sucked

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!

i got tickets for dare also when i was in 5th grade.

The seats they gave out sucked
i bet they did...lol...

but i actually regret not going since i got those tickets around the time when drazen petrovic was on the team.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs. about 6 years ago. it was for my birthday. i almost got to see the bulls but they had just sold out.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
My first basketball game was when I lived in Germany.
My home-country Bosnia played (since they couldn't play anywhere in Bosnia), I don't remember who they played, or when it was, but I'll try to find out.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>the_truth</b>!
My first basketball game was when I lived in Germany.
My home-country Bosnia played (since they couldn't play anywhere in Bosnia), I don't remember who they played, or when it was, but I'll try to find out.
oh yeah, i didn't think about non-nba games. i've been to a few games in my high school, and i plan on attending a few games in my current school (even though i bet our team is really, really bad...lol).

·
Registered
636 Posts
My first NBA game was probally a bullets nets game I went to a long time ago. Since then I have been to another bullets game, a Warriors-Knicks game, a 6ers-Bulls game, and a Wizards-Bulls game. College wise I've been to at least 5 Michigan games, a handful of Penn State games and 4 NCAA tourney games. High School wise I think I've seen everyone of my teams home games the last 4 years but we suck so...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
first live pro game? Was in ABA. Pacers vs Kentucky.

Daniels Dampier, Mount, Mcginnis, Brown, Netolicky, Issell, It was sweet!! Early 1970s

Forgot to add gilmore!!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
MY first game was when the original dream team came to the old Memorial Colliseum in Portland for a tounrament that was called the Tournament of Americas or somethin like that, it was for the team to get ready for the olympics, i dont quite remember who they played but I got some great pics of the game. It was a big thing in Portland at the time because clyde drexler was the man in PO (portland Oregon, if u didnt know). I was only 7 or 8 at the time.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hawks vs Grizzlies in GM Place during Vancouver's first year in the league.

I remember those days....where I got the free tickets Sears were handing out in the nosebleed section. :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
My first game was Cavs vs. Nets. I'm not sure of the year, but it was back when the cavs were stacked(Price, Nance, Daugherty, etc.) Cavs won too, which is a plus. On a side note though, the best game i have ever been to was the Cavs home opener 2 years ago when they beat the Kings in double ot, i couldnt talk for 3 days after that because i was screaming so much.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My first game was a Nets game back in '88 (I don't remember who they played)

I'll never forget watching stars such as Dennis Hopson and Chris Morris.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'll never forget watching stars such as Dennis Hopson "

HAHAHA!That's a funny one.Dennis Hopson...wasn't he
a top 6 pick and did nothing in the NBA.

Funny I've been watching since 1989 and have never
been to a live game before.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yea... he was picked 3rd, two spots ahead of Scottie Pippen, four ahead of Kevin Johnson, and eight ahead of Reggie Miller.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts