Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kidd was out played by his counter part. With Kidd as part of our 'Duo', it was very deflating for me. Others thoughts?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Kidd's D is terrible right now. We should trade him while his offensive game still has an impact. He has become a liability on defense. Yes, he is a bigtime playmaker on the offensive end, but you don't $100mil for a guy to play only one side of the ball.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Petey said:
Kidd was out played by his counter part. With Kidd as part of our 'Duo', it was very deflating for me. Others thoughts?

-Petey

He is struggling with a thigh injury that he reinjured during the game against Utah. It is hampering his mobility. He played great against Chicago, played well again against Utah, but then got hurt. His play has fallen off since. The many minutes he plays do not help in healing nagging injuries. Most players in this league would take a couple days off, but he chooses to just shut up about it and play. That is the type of personality he has and he realizes that he will receive criticism from the fans for doing this.

And Vaughn was guarding Cassell most of the night (Best did as well), so it's kinda unfair to blame Kidd for Sammy's production.

And Kidd didn't come close to being as wide open as Sammy was most of the night. There was often nobody within 5 ft of the guy. It's the luxury of having big men on your team who dominate the opposing big men. Let's be real here- 2/5 of our lineup does not have to be guarded on the offensive end. So who do you think the opposing defense is paying attention to??

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
Kidd's D is terrible right now. We should trade him while his offensive game still has an impact. He has become a liability on defense. Yes, he is a bigtime playmaker on the offensive end, but you don't $100mil for a guy to play only one side of the ball.
Talk about throwing up a flood warning after 2 drops of rain.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kiddisanet said:
He is struggling with a thigh injury that he reinjured during the game against Utah. It is hampering his mobility. He played great against Chicago, played well again against Utah, but then got hurt. His play has fallen off since. The many minutes he plays do not help in healing nagging injuries. Most players in this league would take a couple days off, but he chooses to just shut up about it and play. That is the type of personality he has and he realizes that he will receive criticism from the fans for doing this.

And Vaughn was guarding Cassell most of the night (Best did as well), so it's kinda unfair to blame Kidd for Sammy's production.

And Kidd didn't come close to being as wide open as Sammy was most of the night. There was often nobody within 5 ft of the guy. It's the luxury of having big men on your team who dominate the opposing big men. Let's be real here- 2/5 of our lineup does not have to be guarded on the offensive end. So who do you think the opposing defense is paying attention to??
You've posted a reason a few times. I can beleive he is hurt. That isn't the thing. I'm just saying I feel 'deflated', upset that he got lighted up twice in a row by far inferior PGs.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
jmk said:
Talk about throwing up a flood warning after 2 drops of rain.
A flood is justifiable when our playoff chances were just severely reduced. Before, the ball was in our court to win games. Now, we need a little help from the guys above us to lose some games.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Petey said:
You've posted a reason a few times. I can beleive he is hurt. That isn't the thing. I'm just saying I feel 'deflated', upset that he got lighted up twice in a row by far inferior PGs.

-Petey
I am sure most people feel deflated, including him, no doubt. But let's be fair here and not forget that Kidd was basically NOT guarding Cassell last night.

PS, I did have 1 for rep power. What happened to it? Are you that bothered by me? I'm sorry, I will shut up now.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
kiddisanet said:
I am sure most people feel deflated, including him, no doubt. But let's be fair here and not forget that Kidd was basically NOT guarding Cassell last night.

PS, I did have 1 for rep power. What happened to it? Are you that bothered by me? I'm sorry, I will shut up now.
I tried to bring you back up, but its still red.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kiddisanet said:

Huh? Everyone is welcome to post, not bothered at all.

-Petey

·
Registered
668 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
I tried to bring you back up, but its still red.
Thanks, that was nice of you.

Why does it say I have had shameless behavior in the past (when I put the mouse over the rep points)? What did I do? I'm guessing a mod took away my point? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
kiddisanet said:
Thanks, that was nice of you.

Why does it say I have had shameless behavior in the past (when I put the mouse over the rep points)? What did I do? I'm guessing a mod took away my point? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy anyone.
Click on your "User CP" link in the page header. That will show you the last five "reps" that people have given you, and perhaps some comments.

·
Registered
668 Posts
SeaNet said:
Click on your "User CP" link in the page header. That will show you the last five "reps" that people have given you, and perhaps some comments.

Okay, thanks. 4 out of the 5 are red ones so I guess I am in a big hole now. Apparently I am not very good at this message board stuff. :frown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts