Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i think that Philadelphia is going to make a sign and trade deal with Dallas' Greg Buckner, Dallas will sign him Philly will trade a future first round pick. With the Buckner deal Philly should to sign Rodney Rodgers to releive Coleman at PF.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
66 Posts
RE:

IMO giving up a future pick for Buckner is way to much. He's not worth that.
They should try to work out a deal that includes Buckner, Finley from the Mavs and Mutombo from the Sixers.
I just can't wait to see Mutombo out of Philly. He's too old, too slow and makes way too much money!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Doesn't work under the salary cap with a 2nd rounder, right?
If it would we could sent Sam Clancy to the Mavs. I would do that in a second.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Harpring is much better than Buckner, even though he should be a well used sub, not a starter.Harpring did a lot of good things for the 76ers, but his skills are not exactly what they need as a starter at the SF.If you had he and McKie coming off the bench-devastating.

If you acquire Rodney Rogers, it does some nice thing s for you, but you must think of the rebounding capabilities of the other forwards. Lynch and Hill are not here now, and Coleman does rebound. Coleman also passes and tries to defend, but is hopeless against speed on the perimeter.

This Dallas deal is hopefully more than fantasy. If Mutombo goes, the 76ers will have no center until/unless Jones or Dalembert show much more. Finley would be a lovely player, but again, not a rebounder so new issues may come up.Centers are hard to find, even if you finish near the bottom.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Greg Buckner's game does not validate 18 million dollars and Monty williams. We needed players who can shoot and we went out and got 2 defensive minded players:sigh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts