Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 thoughts from coutside last night.

#1 When Snapper was asked about the 12 roster spot, he said Nash had accompanied them to Washington. After that he was reall sketchy on what else Nash was doing. He said he believed Nash had checked out a couple of NBDL games. He also said Nashe was not with them in Memphis but would meet up with the team again in Atlanta.

#2 Mike Rice was on very briefly. When asked about rumors, he changed the subject. This I found very odd as he usually throws rumors out like rice at a wedding. He chise to use that time to soap box about people complaining about Cheeks.

Anyway both Snapper and Rice seemed IMO to kind of skirt the issue.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Interesting, Schilly. Do you suspect that Rice & Snapper skirting the issue might be part of a "media blackout" Nash alluded to earlier this month? That something is in the works?

PBF

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>ProudBFan</b>!
Interesting, Schilly. Do you suspect that Rice & Snapper skirting the issue might be part of a "media blackout" Nash alluded to earlier this month? That something is in the works?

PBF
Personally I am one of the first to jump on any stray from the norm in activity as being an indication that something is up.

But to answer your question, IMO I do think something is in the works and I do believe it will include Atlanta. I think Atlanta at this point in time is the most vulnerable to trade with.

Also Rice did say that Management in Atlanta is a mess, they want to trade, but can't decide to make a deal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Could it be that Nash is waiting for Feb 3rd to roll around when the trade restriction comes off Person??? That could be a very important commodity to many teams that may not want to take on Sheed and his negative PR (even if for only a few months), but would gladly take Person's expiring deal instead since he is seen as a good character person....See ATL.

It may be pretty quiet on the Blazer trade front until next week when things may heat up...just speculation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts