Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indiana was the youngest team in the NBA last season, yet they still made the playoffs, they were the youngest team to make the playoffs since the 78-79 Atlanta Hawks and they did all this without one of their best players Al Harrington and one of the toughest schedules in the NBA (THE toughest for the first 2 months of the season)

Heres what Indiana will look like for the upcoming season:

PG - Tinsley: has the potential to lead the NBA in assists, 2 20+ assist games his rookie season including an NBA high 23, + 2 triple doubles, no other rookie had any, working his butt off this offseason in Florida to get in better shape, if he can improve his FG% he will become an elite PG

SG - Reggie Miller - future Hall of Famer, one of the best shooters ever, great team leader

SF - Al Harrington: 16 and 7 a game next season, one of the NBAs best young defenders.

PF - Jermaine O'Neal: star, real close to superstar, he'll probaly get there next season; 22 ppg, 11 rpg, 2.5 bpg and lots of trash talking

Center - Brad Miller: One of the most underrated players in the NBA, numbers wise he was the 2nd best center in the NBA last season: about 16 ppg, 9+ rpg (Olawokandis numbers were about 12 and 9)

Then on their bench they have Jonathan Bender: Was listed at 7', probaly grew some more maybe 7'1", he's got a 40 inch veritcal and they say he can outshoot Reggie Miller in practice. Tons of potential - The NBAs best young defender Ron Artest (MJs fav. player BTW) - Austin Croshere (even though he's overpaid he still is a pretty damn good player) - Fred Jones: peopel think he was drafted to high but he could be a major surprise, look for him in the dunk contest during allstar weekend - Jeff Foster: one of the NBA leaders in rebounds per minute, given the PT he could be a contender to lead the league (wont get the time though cause of his weak O) was called the white Dennis Rodman by Jayson "Manslaughter" Williams - they may have one of Europes best players 7' Small Foward Gregor ****a ( they said he was as good as Gasol but with much more experience, idk) plus Indiana should pick up a vet. back up PG to Tinsley in free agency. maybe Rod Strickland, Mark Jackson, or Troy Hudson.
Damn, after reading this I cannot wait for the season to start. I think the Pacers have a great shot at winning the East, as long as Isiah Thomas doesnt do some stupid crap coaching. We'll now it's time for all the haters out here to hate. Oh well, getitng hated on is actually a compliment, it's a sign of jealousy.

1 month to World Championships!
little over 2 months to preseason!
little over 3 months til the season starts!

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
How is Al Harrington one of their best players? The kid hasn't produced impressive numbers at all during his career.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
How is Al Harrington one of their best players? The kid hasn't produced impressive numbers at all during his career.
I agree, Al Harrington hasn't done anything worth talking about.. 5 double doubles in his career... he is a nobody RIGHT NOW

·
Registered
423 Posts
here are his #'s from last year

MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG PG TO PF PPG
29.8 .475 .333 .799 2.20 4.10 6.30 1.2 .93 .48 1.77 3.80 13.1

they are pretty good

·
Registered
924 Posts
They are pretty good numbers but that's said when a player who is considered one of your best players is only putting up 13ppg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
He averaged 13ppg coming off the bench so that is impressive. He will probably be a starter this season.

·
Registered
924 Posts
He may have come off the bench...

But he played like 30mpg. That's starting minutes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL I was right, the haters have arrived as expected.

Al Harrington was the 6th man of the year untill he got hurt, he averaged 13+ ppg 6+ rpg and was a top 10 defensive player at the age of 22, in his first season of getting regular numbers . Al Harrington would have been starting at SF on the majority of NBA teams last season had he played for them (including the Lakers). The guys got the potential to be a big time player, and I would not be surprised to see him in the All-Star game within a few seasons. And remember Laker fan boy, after Kobe & Shaq LA's best player is Derek Fisher, now that is sad. You people are just haters, probaly the same people who go around talking about how badly the Kings "suck" after they really beat LA in the West (Lakers got extremely lucky).

PACERS 2002-2003
57-25
EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

·
Registered
162 Posts
the pacers are loaded with young talent and should make the playoffs in the weak(but wide open for playoff spots) east. however, isiah thomas is not a very good coach, so that hurts them a little. but they do have reggie and jermaine leading the way with probably 40ppg combined between them. they should make the playoffs but 57-25 is askin a whole lot out of a young team with limited experience(aside from reggie). their biggest wild card as to whether or not they could be a 4 or 5 seed possibly(big possibly there) or a 7 or 8 or een out of the playoffs is Tinsley, he has great pg skills and could be a 17 and 10 guy some day but next year if he averages what i think he should avergae (about 15 and 9) then they could go places but until his game is under control and more refined the pacers are a question mark.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by G.O.A.T
LOL I was right, the haters have arrived as expected.

Al Harrington was the 6th man of the year untill he got hurt,
That's all that needs to be said, when is this guy not hurt? He always shows flashes of being a solid NBA player, then he's hurt, and out for the rest of the season. If that's one of your best players, I guess that's good for you.

Until he proves that he can play a full season, or atleast 3/4s of one, he's a nobody. And if that's me being a hater, let it be me. He's just one of the more overrated players because he's done so little, and missed so much, but still gets praise.

-Tim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PhillyFanatic, you have no idea what you're talking about. You wanna talk about overrated let's tlak about Allen Iverson, THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE NBA BY FAR. i mean come, there's very few guys who couldn't get 30 points a game shooting the ball as much as he does. Reggie Miller led the NBA in points per shot at about 1.5, if those numbers held up and he took as many shots as Iverson he'd average about 40 points a game. Also, why is Iverson supposedly so tough? Tough people don't get hurt every 4 minutes. I'm tough, I've never had a broken bone, torn muscle, not even a sprain and I play basketball just about every day. Iverson is a ***** who is way overrated and who couldn't even wash T-Macs jock.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm tough, I've never had a broken bone, torn muscle, not even a sprain and I play basketball just about every day. Iverson is a ***** who is way overrated and who couldn't even wash T-Macs jock.
Wow I'm surprised you've never hurt yourself playing HORSE or sitting on the bench. Iverson is one tough SOB he just doesn't hit the weights enouph. If that guy can walk and shoot he'll play.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by G.O.A.T
PhillyFanatic, you have no idea what you're talking about. You wanna talk about overrated let's tlak about Allen Iverson, THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE NBA BY FAR. i mean come, there's very few guys who couldn't get 30 points a game shooting the ball as much as he does. Reggie Miller led the NBA in points per shot at about 1.5, if those numbers held up and he took as many shots as Iverson he'd average about 40 points a game. Also, why is Iverson supposedly so tough? Tough people don't get hurt every 4 minutes. I'm tough, I've never had a broken bone, torn muscle, not even a sprain and I play basketball just about every day. Iverson is a ***** who is way overrated and who couldn't even wash T-Macs jock.
Check my posts on the forum, when did I ever say that Iverson wasn't overrated? When did I say Iverson never got injured, when did I not say he was a gunner? I just want you to go find that for me, before you come out and say how much I don't know.

But I'll say one thing right now, Iverson isn't overrated. He was the MVP of the league. He's the scoring champion, he's a perennial Allstar, he's the main reason that his team has made it to the playoffs for four consecutive years. He's a proven, NBA superstar.

Also, if you hold together all those what ifs, you might be able to rub them together to start a fire, because when it comes to finding a clue.. you're pretty cold, the fire will help warm you.

Also Iverson has done something T-Mac hasn't, that's move on in the playoffs. Not that I don't like TMac, because I think he's one of the best players in the league.

Al Harrington's overrated, and he will be until he goes out and proves everything that Pacer fans say about him is warranted. He's shown promise, he could've been sixth man.. but he got hurt, the year before he got hurt. Who knows this year he might just come out and prove you fans right..

But that's not now. So until he does, he's overrated. That's all I have to say about that, no reason to get mad.. no reason to try and attack people you think I'll get upset about, no reason..

But hey, whatever floats your boat..

-Tim

·
Registered
920 Posts
Harrington got hurt two years ago? I didn't know he had been hurt aside from tearing his ACL. Iverson could not play with a torn ACL. So don't try to say he should have toughed it out because that is retarded. He can't help if his ACL is torn. just like Iverson can't help if his finger is broke.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
Harrington got hurt two years ago? I didn't know he had been hurt aside from tearing his ACL. Iverson could not play with a torn ACL. So don't try to say he should have toughed it out because that is retarded. He can't help if his ACL is torn. just like Iverson can't help if his finger is broke.
Don't put words into my mouth. Did I say Iverson could play with a torn ACL? I never said Iverson toughed anything up. I didn't even bring Iverson up! Geez..

I won't waste my time.

-Tim

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry I just relized you didn't bring up Iverson, but you said Harrington will always be overrated until he can prove he can go through a whole season without getting hurt. I don't think he has control over that.

And to whoever said if Iverson is able to breathe he will play, why does he miss so many damn games each year?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.