Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally i think the nuggets will see how summer league goes before they do anything else to their rotation....I would like to see a trade of james posey & mccloud to GSW for Jiri Welsch that would give us a great combo guard a 6'7 or gilbert arenas from them...both are young and have great potential...I think we will resign bowen and cheaney (he will accept a 1 year deal).. Lenard gone, williams gone(thank god)....

so here is my lineup for the nuggets if that trade happened

Depending on what Nene does in camp or how he looks he could be our starting center he has the size (6'11 260 7'4 wing span) to do the job he is just raw offensively that is why he is compared to ben wallace... I think we would all be happy if he got 10pts 12reb 3 blks.. who wouldnt...but that is a lot to ask for

c- nene 6'11 260
pf- howard 6'9 250
sf- camby 6'11 220
sg- savoric 6'6 220
pg- welsch 6'7 190 or arenas

bench

c-bateer
pf- anderson,bowen
sf-harvey,cheaney
sg-yarbrough
pg-satterfield,arroyo

did i forget anyone.....if we not for the trade i expect us to roll with satterfield and arroyo.....

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Hope thats a typeo

Did I see you put Camby at small forward? He can play the 4 and 5 but is way too slow to play the 3.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I say that the Nuggies put Howard at the 5 and Camby at the 4. Just look that the years when Camby played Center for the Knicks, I think that he would make a better 4 than a 5.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by rr2300
Personally i think the nuggets will see how summer league goes before they do anything else to their rotation....I would like to see a trade of james posey & mccloud to GSW for Jiri Welsch that would give us a great combo guard a 6'7 or gilbert arenas from them
Yeah I BET you would like to see that trade (Posey & McCloud for Welsch)! Why the hell would the Warriors agree to do such a thing?

Depending on what Nene does in camp or how he looks he could be our starting center he has the size (6'11 260 7'4 wing span) to do the job he is just raw offensively that is why he is compared to ben wallace... I think we would all be happy if he got 10pts 12reb 3 blks.. who wouldnt...but that is a lot to ask for
Jesus, dude, can you be any more unrealistic? Take a look at last year's rebounding leaders:

1. B. Wallace DET 13.0
2. T. Duncan SAS 12.7
3. K. Garnett MIN 12.1
4. D. Fortson GSW 11.7
5. E. Brand LAC 11.6
6. D. Mutombo PHI 10.8
7. J. O'Neal IND 10.5
8. D. Nowitzki DAL 9.9
9. S. Marion PHO 9.9
10. P. Brown CHA 9.8

So you "would be happy" if Hilario is a better rebounder IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON than every single player in the league besides Ben Wallace, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett? Yeah, I BET you'd be happy--too bad it's OBVIOUSLY not going to happen!

As for 3 blocks per game, well, take a look at last season's blocked shots leaders:

1 Ben Wallace, DET 3.47
2 Raef LaFrentz, DAL 2.73
3 A. Mourning, MIA 2.48
4 Tim Duncan, SAS 2.48
5 D. Mutombo, PHI 2.38
6 J. O'Neal, IND 2.31
7 Erick Dampier, GSW 2.29
8 Adonal Foyle, GSW 2.13
9 Pau Gasol, MEM 2.06
10 S. O'Neal, LAL 2.04

JESUS. You'd "be happy" with 3 blocks/game? As you can see, there was only ONE player who averaged more than 3 blocks/game last season, Ben Wallace.

c- nene 6'11 260
pf- howard 6'9 250
sf- camby 6'11 220
sg- savoric 6'6 220
pg- welsch 6'7 190 or arenas
Why not just start Marcus Camby at shooting guard instead? You DO know that this Savovic dude wasn't even drafted, right? This dude won't touch the floor for Denver next season.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Starting Lineup:
C-Marcus Camby
PF-Juwon Howard
SF-Nikoloz Tskitishvili
SG-James Posey
PG-Mark Jackson

Bench:
Nene Hilario
Donnell Harvey