Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Spurs will resign Duncan. If Kidd goes to the spurs do you guys think they'll be on Lakers/Kings lvl? Kidd might stay in NJ though and get the max.

I don't know how Magic would afford duncan but that would a scary team if hill is healthy.

Any team that gets duncan will be very lucky :)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
But there are also a bunch of other great players, I know that Payton is a FA, I think Malone is, but he's getting old. I'm not sure, But I think that Mourning and Jermaine O'Neal are also FA next summer. But there are about 15 other great players besides these guys.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Same old story, move the thread to where it belongs - Community Moderator - John

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
No, I don't think that Kidd necessarily puts the Spurs on the Lakers' level, although it would be a great step in that direction.

The Spurs need at least one more clear offensive threat (at whatever position), someone who averages 16ppg but can be a threat to go for 25 when needed. Maybe that player will be Ginobili, but if not they need to acquire a Wally, Rashard, Richard Jefferson or Rip type via free agency, or via a trade for Parker and change.

Also, they'll need one more quality big man, either a C or PF who can be a reasonably skilled, complementary big body to do a few things to distract some attention from Duncan. Doesn't have to be a superstar, but even someone on the level of Brad Miller, Brian Grant, etc.

And then of course they need the rest of the role players, guys who know their place and get the job done. Some of those guys may already be on the roster, like Bowen.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If Jason Kidd joined the Spurs and Duncan stayed they would own everybody.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
JO and Mourning are FA's too. If they signed J Kid and JO or Mourning, it would be sick. JO and Duncan could be the new age twin towers, and they're both young, it would be a long dynasty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts