Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
You asked for opinions...so here goes ;).

#3 Detroit Pistons (From Memphis) Chris Duhon, Duke (6-1, PG)
#6 Golden State Warriors Luke Ridnour, Oregon (6-2, PG)

I like both players a lot. The NBADraft.net readers know how much of a Duke fan I am. But Duhon won't go this high. Same goes for Ridnour.

The point guard position rarely goes high in the draft. I do realize that this draft is a top heavy PG class but I'd be surprised to see two go in the lottery.

#4 Washington Wizards James Lang, High School (6-11, C)
Just curious...have you seen this guy play? He's dominated on the high school scene, particulary the Alabama schools, because he is so much bigger than the rest. But he just doesn't have what it takes (yet) to merit a top 5 pick in the NBA.

Besides I don't really see the Wizards gambling on a high school player after Kwame Brown. Plus they should be much better next year with their new players.

Lang hasn't said anything about the NBA at this point either.

#5 Toronto Raptors Chris Bosh, Georgia Tech (6-10, PF)

Word from Georgia Tech and Paul Hewitt, Bosh is a Yellow Jacket for at least two years. That is perfect enough for the highly touted Texan. He's got good skills but is still on the raw size. Having him at 5th is perfect regardless of when he comes out.

#7 Chicago Bulls Carmelo Anthony, Syracuse (6-7, SF)

I think your own commentary is fitting. "Anthony has top 3 talent." He's very, very good.

There are several more but I think the above are probably the most notable.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
thanks for the effort chris but its too early to make any rational projection of the 2003 draft.the only thing that seems for sure is lebron james is going #1.who knows with guys like duhon,lang,white and on and on.one guy i like is nick collison,he needs to keep improving as he did at the end of last year and i think he will,if he does he should be a late lottery pick at worst,he certainly has the same potential as guys like laettner and gugliota who went much higher.i think he suffers from the white american curse.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well . . . for starters this is great news about another draft site. Besides nbadraft.net and John Thompson we have nothing. Hopefully, you can keep this runing.

I don't think Kendrick will go number 2. He isn't the 6'10" he listed at, probably 6'9.5" with shoes on and I don't see him being a much better prospect than Amare Stoudemire was last year (less athleticism and potential). He should be a top 10 pick, just simply because the draft seems a little low on talent.

I couldn't have said it better myself about Duhon and Ridnour, Justin. I don't think either are future all-star points and I personally don't think Ridnour is much better than Dan Dickau. Neither are exceptional athletes (not in the Francis or Baron Davis type class) and both have other holes in their game.

Darius Rice IMO is a little high. He reminds me of Vincent Yarbough in the fact that every year people put him in the middle of the first round in their mocks. Then as the season progresses he falls down the ladder. Certainly the potential is their but he is very raw still.

I think your right on about Dwayne Wade. No way is he a top 10 pick. He's good but he is undersized and he isn't a point.

I never seen Chris Alexander play but I remember reading reports at JUCO sites that he was a pretty big stiff. I remember several people wondering what Iowa State saw in him. Their is no way I could find the links and it is possible that I or the reports are wrong.

I think Nick Collison is extremely low. At 6'10" he has a vast array of post moves, he can shoot the mid-range jumper and he can handle the ball. He is also pretty darn athletic for a white guy who looks like a stiff. Pop in some Kansas tapes and check him out on some of those alley-oops. He isn't Drew Gooden or Kenyon Martin but he isn't much different than Keith Van Horn. I am expecting a breakout season for him since he will be able to have full control of the post.

I doubt Randolph declares if he will got that low. He's far from ready in the NBA and he probably will see limited minutes in his freshman year. Shelden Williams on the other hand could leave.

I think Luke Walton will go high but not much higher than 20. Jason Gardner will get drafted as well.

Everything else pretty good. You have some type-o like the NFL draft at the top but otherwise is decent.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Rickey Paulding

Yes, there is an e in his first name. That's one thing wrong with the mock:grinning: . But I do think he'll go a little higher if he comes out early, but I don't think he will. I think Mizzou will either get to the sweet 16 or elite 8 this year, and will have five seniors on the team the next year if Paulding returns, and 4 of them will be starters. I think being an early favorite to win it all would be enough for him to come back, plus from everything I've read about him he seems to really like being at Mizzou and wants to be a 4 year player.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Everybody wants to be a 4 year player when they aren't projected to be a lottery pick. Dunleavy is a perfect example of that. You going to have to adjust. If Paulding plays up to the level that he played at during the NCAA tournament next year, I can't imagine him returning.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
As a Laker fan I would be disappointed if the Lakers took Nick Collison. To me he is Mark Madsen with a little better offense. If all the players you had available were there I would take Jonathan Hargett or Boris Diaw.

I would love it if the Lakers got Kapono but I think there is no way in hell he'll last to the bottom of the 2nd round. This year's draft was a lot deeper than next year's and Casey Jacobsen went in the 1st.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
In my opinion, I don't think that all of those high schooler's will go pro. Some of them have already committed to schools. A lot of other guys who are underclassmen might not be going pro either. So make sure you keep an eye out for news if ur going to continue to update it.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I would say Gaines, Paulding, and Anthony are getting drafted to low. Gaines will be a lottery pick, Paulding should be a top 5 and Anthony also should be a top five pick.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Texas' recruiting class should also be considered for Ford's decision. They are hot in the pursuit of Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins and Luol Deng. Any of those three players would certainly put the Longhorns into the National Championship in Ford's junior season. If Rick Barnes can lock up a committment in the next month from one of these guys, Ford will likely stay if Texas goes to the sweet 16 or better.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
It is way TOO early for mock drafts. I agree with other above. Too much high schoolplayers.

Here is my point. The only HS player we can agree going pro is James. Other hS players we have to wait and see. When making early projections now, you have not to take in HS players yeet b/c you have no idea if they are going to the pros or not. Underlclasmen, well the only ones you know is to look at that player history. Has the player improve each year dramitcally. Has the player considerecd leaving early the previous yera. Those things you have to look at.

I am really really disappointed at you. How could you place Collison, an pre-season all american that low. Nick Collison is a great player. Great player. This summer he is on hte US national basketball team with all the NBA players. This is his 8th summer in a row to play for a USA basketball team. He has all the tools. The NBA scouts love him. Some say he is a better player than drew gooden. Which I htink he is. He is a lottery pick No doubt.

I think you are low on Kirk Hinrich too.

NO KU players are getting any respect.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by sundevilPAT
I sure would be happy if Ricky did fall to the suns though! b.t.w. you did a good job on the mock.
He did a good job, but I am dissapointed that he put the KU players low. They are two all-american players.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by kansasalumn

He did a good job, but I am dissapointed that he put the KU players low. They are two all-american players.
Just because your an all american doesnt mean you will be a good pro.

Look at Matteen Cleaves he sucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts