Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NBA draft.net has us taking YET ANOTHER PF with a high Lottery pick.

IMHO, we don't need Emeka (though he'd be great), OR Dwight Howard (even if some say he's loaded with potential).

What we need are a Healthy and IN SHAPE EDDY CURRY, and Tyson Chandler. No more Dedicating 2 years trying to teach HSers to play NBA "D". Chandler is almost there, and despite curry's gaffes, he's FAR closer to anyone NOT named Okafor, that we would draft.

Emeka may be an offensive upgrade over tyson in the SHORT TERM, but at 6'9 in college, he's bigger and taller than 90% of the competition he faces. As such, don't expect to see the MONUMENTAL shotblocking from him that you see in College right now, once he gets to the NBA. I remember how people said that brand at 6'8 was too short for the NBA. Well, brand brings offensive tools to the table that Emeka does not (primarily BRUTE FORCE). Further, he might even be a little TOO SHORT, given how many of todays PF's are 6'10 or taller. Defensively for the long term, I think TYSON is still a better fit.

PG is not really a concern for us right now, though SG and SF are severe SORE spots for us. I just don't understand the logic behind drafting another PF, with Deng on the board, and/or JOSH SMITH (who they say, has the GOODS) on the board too.

Am I missing something???

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
NBADraft.net just ranks the players without regard to the team picking them, as that changes almost daily I'm sure. Just becuase a player is listed next to your team doesn't mean that's who they think you'll pick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts