Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking into account both quality and quantity who do you think wound up benefitting the most from the 2004 Draft? I think most people would automatically say the Bulls, and I wouldn't count out the Magic.
If given the choice, who would you rather have on your team?

Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard

or

Loul Deng, Ben Gordan, Chris Duhon and Andres Noicioni

I know this is kind of comparing apples and oranges but I'm curious to see what people think. Feel free to throw in a different team if you see it fit.

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Dwights obviously the best player from the draft, and jameer could be a star.

very very good draft from chicago though, picking up 4 productive players from the same draft is quite rare.

tough one

· kiss my grits
18,595 Posts

Orlando had a franchise saving draft. Dwight is obvious but Jameer is soon to be entering all those most underrated threads. Kid averaged 15-5-5 as a starter during his rookie year and shot 50%. And when he's been healthy he's been very good this year as well. Jameer might end up as the best PG of that draft although some might call that heresy.

· Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TAllen42 said:
Took the word right out of my mouth!
Being the Magic fan that I am, I'm foaming at the mouth to mention tonights game.

Delonte West - 7pts, 5 rebs 3 ast on 3/12 shooting
Al Jefferson - 3 pts, 4 rebs on 1/7 shooting
Tony Allen - 8 pts 4 rebs on 3/8 shooting

compared to

Jameer Nelson - 19 pts, 7 rebs, 5 assts, 3 steals 8/14 shooting
Dwight Howard - 18 pts, 13 rebs, 6 blks 7/14 shooting

--all in a Magic win, ironically, on St. Paddy's day.

Now I'm really not trying to trash the C's team because I think that they do have something good going for them with West, Jefferson and Allen, but I think that Jameer and Dwight will play a bigger role on their team in the future. To be fair, the C's have reliable producers in Paul Pierce and Wally S., but time will certainly tell.

· Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ballistixxx said:
I think the '04 draft was one of the worst drafts ever
With the exception of maybe Chris Paul, Charlie V. and Channing F., I could really say the same thing about the 05 Draft. While I'm not entirely sure that Frye will develop into anything more than a roleplayer on a solid team, its really really unfair to deem the drafts from the last two drafts busts.

But a lot of the 2004 Draft did suck, so I see where you are coming from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.