Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
You can not copy and paste parts of articles from ESPN Insider. If you it again you will be suspended!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Great Article.

I really cannot wait to see next years rookie crop play in the NBA, it looks very promising.

I think Dwight Howard will have a great rookie year, but obviously not surpassing LeBron, but like LeBron he'll do a lot more than people expected from him. Al Jefferson is a beast and is arguably the best high school player in this draft, though he will probably go to college. Josh Smith will be great, he reminds me of a Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady, he's a freak, his best bet would be to go to college.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I actually believe the media does a good job of not expecting too much out of high school kids in their rookie year. With all the LeBron hype there was nobody predicting LeBron would be 1 of the 20 best players in the league from day 1. People were saying he would come in and be Cleveland's 3rd best player behind Big Z and Ricky Davis.

They are kind've doing the same thing with Howard, saying he won't do too much his rookie year. I've posted before that I think Howard is on the level of LeBron, so I expect big #s his rookie year. The kid Robert Swift is for real, I saw him at ABCD he plays real strong, he dunks everything around the basket, no layups. He is a bit slim only about 245, but with more weight he'll be a good NBA player in a few years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Swift going to be a solid pro but I don't think he is the 2nd best player in the class of 2004 like some scout say. It is a really strong class i don't even know if he is as good as Morris.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!
dwight howard rookie season stats = 16.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, .80 spg, 1.8 bpg
Thats a surprise somebody who thinks Howard is good as I do. I think he'll get something like 18, 10 and 2 blocks. The rest of the league just better hope the Magic don't get him, because then we'll see what it would've been like if Duncan went there a couple years back.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickstorm</b>!
no talk about telfair? or is it just cuz he committed to louisville
I think his hype has died down and the prospects of a average sized (maybe small) PG coming straight into the NBA out of HS are not good.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Howard won't have such a rookie season. I doubt he'll be better than Amare, more like KG in his rookie season.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd like to see Howard, Smith, Livingston (he's kinda skinny, but he's got the talent. Ad finally a true HS point guard to come to the NBA), and Jefferson

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twinz2gether</b>!
kwame brown still could be good.
The size and athleticism are there and the skills are there. But Kwame seems to me to be very weak in the head. If he is, he wont ever be that good.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
He has not fully committed to Louisville.

But I saw Telfair in person and I was amazed. If you have any questions about him, ask away!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read in an article that NBA scouts and GMs agree he is not ready for the league, but if he declared he would go somewhere at the end of the 1st round.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
He won't go pro, point guards just can't handle the jump unless their name is LeBron.

After LeBron's great season, you guys are really starting to expect a lot from Dwight Howard. I think he'll be exactly like Kwame, and Chad Ford draws the comparisons for us. I mean, a soft spoken, soft, 6'11'' guy just won't be a superstar player. If he had KG's attitude, then he would be.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nimreitz</b>!

He won't go pro, point guards just can't handle the jump unless their name is LeBron.

After LeBron's great season, you guys are really starting to expect a lot from Dwight Howard. I think he'll be exactly like Kwame, and Chad Ford draws the comparisons for us. I mean, a soft spoken, soft, 6'11'' guy just won't be a superstar player. If he had KG's attitude, then he would be.
LOL, and Tim Duncan has a mean streak? Dwight Howard is far from soft, he may be soft spoken, but actually being soft that isn't Howard. The real reason Kwame was drafted #1 wasn't because teams saw him as a great low post player, but because they thought he could be like KG. In an AAU tournament he played point guard for his team in the 4th quarter, and after that people started the straight to the NBA talk. There were people who didn't even consider Kwame one of the 10 best high school players that season, you don't hear that being said about Howard. I bet Chris Ford has never even seen Howard play, and I know he didn't see Kwame Brown play in high school. Ford goes by his "sources," the first time Chris Ford will see Howard play will be on ESPN on January 30th.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
I read in an article that NBA scouts and GMs agree he is not ready for the league, but if he declared he would go somewhere at the end of the 1st round.
Telfair that is. You gotta think Livingston would be a definite 1st rounder if he left. Both of them should definitely stay in school.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I read on HoopScoop yesterday that after Sebastian's play in California NBA scouts are talking about him going in the lottery, like the 8-13 range. A lot of people will see thats overrateing him but I don't agree. Before the season everybody was saying Ray Felton was a lottery pick and from the t wo times they played against each other high school, they played pretty even both times. So if Felton is a possible lottery pick and Sebastian is just as good as him why shouldn't he be considered a lottery pick also?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts