Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to target Bogut. I think we should do this....

1) Trade Zach Randolph and a future protected(2007 or later) 1st round pick for the #1 pick.

2) Trade Darius Miles and Derek Anderson to New York for Penny Hardaway, Phoenix's 2005 1st round pick and a future 1st round pick.

4) Trade Theo Ratliff and Ruben Patterson to Indiana for Fred Jones, Austin Crosure and Scott Pollard.

5) S&T(3 years, starting at 4.5M)Damon Stoudamire to the Utah Jazz for Raul Lopez, Dallas 2005 1st round pick and cash.

6) Trade Nick Van Exel to Houston for Clarence Weatherspoon(Expiring), Vin Baker(Expiring), Moochie Norris and a lotto protected 2006 1st round pick.

7) Trade the Dallas 2005 1st round pick to the Los Angeles Clippers for their own 2005 2nd round pick, the Bobcats 2005 2nd round pick and a future 2nd round pick.

8) Re-sign Shareef Abdur-Rahim to a 3 year deal, starting at 7.5M.

DRAFT PICKS

#1 Andrew Bogut
#5 Gerald Green
#27 Vladimir Veremeenko(Overseas)
#32 Erazem Lorbek(Overseas)
#35 Nate Robinson
#40 Sean Banks(Overseas)

2005/06 Roster
PG- Sebastion Telfair/Anferney Hardaway/Nate Robinson/Moochie Norris
SG- Fred Jones/Sergie Monya/Gerald Green
SF- Viktor Khryapa/Travis Outlaw
PF- Shareef Abdur-Rahim/Austin Croshure/David Lee
C- Joel Pryzbilla/Andrew Bogut

IR Scott Pollard

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I like all your ideas except I think that we could get more for Van Exel.....And i get sick everytime I think about us drafting Gerald Green.....

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Just say no to a slow center with the first overall pick. I really hope Portland trades their 1st pick and some goodies for an established shooting guard.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
ThatBlazerGuy said:
We need to target Bogut. I think we should do this....

1) Trade Zach Randolph and a future protected(2007 or later) 1st round pick for the #1 pick.

2) Trade Darius Miles and Derek Anderson to New York for Penny Hardaway, Phoenix's 2005 1st round pick and a future 1st round pick.

4) Trade Theo Ratliff and Ruben Patterson to Indiana for Fred Jones, Austin Crosure and Scott Pollard.

5) S&T(3 years, starting at 4.5M)Damon Stoudamire to the Utah Jazz for Raul Lopez, Dallas 2005 1st round pick and cash.

6) Trade Nick Van Exel to Houston for Clarence Weatherspoon(Expiring), Vin Baker(Expiring), Moochie Norris and a lotto protected 2006 1st round pick.

7) Trade the Dallas 2005 1st round pick to the Los Angeles Clippers for their own 2005 2nd round pick, the Bobcats 2005 2nd round pick and a future 2nd round pick.

8) Re-sign Shareef Abdur-Rahim to a 3 year deal, starting at 7.5M.

DRAFT PICKS

#1 Andrew Bogut
#5 Gerald Green
#27 Vladimir Veremeenko(Overseas)
#32 Erazem Lorbek(Overseas)
#35 Nate Robinson
#40 Sean Banks(Overseas)

2005/06 Roster
PG- Sebastion Telfair/Anferney Hardaway/Nate Robinson/Moochie Norris
SG- Fred Jones/Sergie Monya/Gerald Green
SF- Viktor Khryapa/Travis Outlaw
PF- Shareef Abdur-Rahim/Austin Croshure/David Lee
C- Joel Pryzbilla/Andrew Bogut

IR Scott Pollard
Seven rookies next year? (counting Monia)

I guess we'd have a great shot at Greg Oden in next year's draft.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Fork said:
Seven rookies next year? (counting Monia)

I guess we'd have a great shot at Greg Oden in next year's draft.
And if we play it right, Mayo the year after!

2007/08 Blazers:

PG: Telfair
SG: Mayo
SF: Travis Outlaw
PF: Bogut
C: Oden

Outlaw would provide veteran leadership and hustle.

The rest of the NBA would be totally pwned.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
OK, here is my offseason dream for an extreme makeover

1) Storyteller came up with an idea that I think has merit in trading Zachfor the #1 pick. I think you need to spice it up a bit by adding in Richie Frahm and $3 mil cash The trade would have to be completed after July 1 when Atlanta (right now) would be under the cap enough to absorb Zach's new salary. Atlanta would pay more for Zach than Bogut, but they at least know what they are getting in a 20-10 Zach. We get a shot at a potential good center.

I am thinking you take Bogut at #1

2) With our pick, you take the best available SG or player.... then maybe trade it later on... but you assume you get a quality SG at #5-6. You could gamble on Gerald Green

3) I would take Darius and NVE and trade for en experienced SG who can shoot it pretty decent. Maybe you do not get a Allen or Redd, but a decent role player. The team that acquires NVE can waive him since he is not a guarenteed contract, so they save money. Maybe someone like Utah would get involved in a threeway where we could end up with someone like Giricek.

4) I would not mind in yet another delayed trade, to trade Ruben to a contending team needing some D, for a late 1st round pick. Some had mentioned getting Aaron Miles or similar player late in the 1st round. This allows you to get a fairly decent backup PG. Ruben should be of interest to teams wanting a defensive energizer who need to get over the hump.

This would allow you to start Khryapa and Outlaw at the 3 spot. I think Viktor has shown he is capable of being a starter. He seems to be a good hustler, and has a very respectable shot, and can play D pretty decently.

5) Buyout DA this summer and let him walk
6) Trade Damon in a S&T for a non lottery 1st rd pick in 2006
7) Rahim is resigned

ROSTER
PG Telfair, late 1st rd pick Aaron Miles
SG Giricek, Monia, #5 draft pick
SF Khryapa, Outlaw
PF Rahim, Ratliff
C Przybilla, #1 pick Bogut, Ha, Sinonovic

+ 2006 1st rd non lottery pick

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I dont think that Aaron Miles is going to be a 1st round pick type of player....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Although I do like Zach, I think Storyteller's idea of trading him for the Hawks' pick is a good one -- provided we could then resign Reef. Bogut looks like he has all the skills; is he athletic enough to dominate in the NBA?

Independent of that idea, it seems to me that a package of our top-5 pick and Van Exel's instant cap relief would combine to make powerful trade bait this summer. In contrast to the trade deadline, when tons of teams were looking to dump huge expiring contracts for talent (G. Robinson, D. Davis, A. Walker, etc.), Nick's weird contract will make Portland the *only* team in the NBA able to offer instant cap relief via trade this summer. If this season ends in disappointment for teams like Boston, New Jersey, Seattle, Phoenix, Milwaukee, and the Clippers, I could see any of those teams jumping at the chance for an instant rebuild offered by Portland's combo of cap relief and high draft pick, allowing us to pick up expensive star talent like Pierce, Carter, R. Jefferson, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, Q. Rich, Marion, Redd, or Maggette. While it would be painful to surrender such a high pick, I think it would be worth it to land the star shooting guard we so desperately need, especially considering that Pryz, Zach and/or Reef will still be around to man the middle.

Thoughts?

Steppigng Razor

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ed O said:
And if we play it right, Mayo the year after!

2007/08 Blazers:

PG: Telfair
SG: Mayo
SF: Travis Outlaw
PF: Bogut
C: Oden

Outlaw would provide veteran leadership and hustle.

The rest of the NBA would be totally pwned.

Ed O.
RoFL, Ed!!! I've read (and seen a few video clips) some absolutely astounding things about Mayo. I was reading, just yesterday, that Mayo and his teammate, Bill Walker, were the best players in the building over at the Roundball Classic. This, of course, despite the fact that they are only high school sophomores (all of the other guys are seniors).:whofarted:

Here's a link to the thread, from another board, by a guy who was at the Roundball Classic, and his comments on the players:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=355319

He says that the only guy to even come close to them (Mayo and Walker), on the court, was Gerald Green.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts