Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
This is one of those threads that is such a huge gamble that if it pays off, you'll look like a genius, if it's bumped and they are bounced in the 2nd round, you can play it off as a "I don't think anyone really expected them to win" type statement. That said, I can see the Bulls competing hard in the playoffs, but they also lack experience and could fold. One thing is for sure, it is very unlikely that they can hang with the Spurs, Suns and Heat type teams. They match up well with the Pistons, but in a playoff environment, the Pistons would handle them in 5 or 6 games.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I think he was joking, but if not...

...no.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Pay Ton said:
I think he was joking, but if not...
That's the thing, if they somehow do win, he can say he wasn't joking. If they don't win, then it was all jokes. A little clarification would be nice, mr. sloth.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats so out of reach. If Shaq is getting stopped in the East, it is going to be by us. We got Eddy Curry, a big body that can nearly match Shaq, along with Tyson Chandler for help defense to block Shaq when Eddy has troubles. Then Kirk should be able to hang with Wade enough to give him some troubles, and if we can keep it close within 5 points going into the 4th, the game is anyones.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I don't think it is likely. I think it is more likely that the Bulls meet Miami in the second round and lose. But, it IS possible, we do have a big body who has matched up with Shaq before, plus we are younger and deeper than the Heat. If we SHOULD get by the Heat then it's a definite possibility. I am just going to take it one round at a time and hope for the best.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
ace20004u said:
I am just going to take it one round at a time and hope for the best.

I've been taking this season one game at a time and thouroughly enjoying it. Win or lose, I'm thrilled at the fact I'll finally get to see the Bulls in the playoffs this season. It's been a long road back.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
sloth said:
Whats so out of reach. If Shaq is getting stopped in the East, it is going to be by us. We got Eddy Curry, a big body that can nearly match Shaq, along with Tyson Chandler for help defense to block Shaq when Eddy has troubles. Then Kirk should be able to hang with Wade enough to give him some troubles, and if we can keep it close within 5 points going into the 4th, the game is anyones.

OK. He is serious. Eddy is going to shut down Shaq over the course of a playoff series and we will be in the Finals. Sloth has made the call.

Hope he is right. Next stop: June :bsmile:

I've been taking this season one game at a time and thouroughly enjoying it. Win or lose, I'm thrilled at the fact I'll finally get to see the Bulls in the playoffs this season. It's been a long road back.
dkg1 --10-4, good buddy. Copy that.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And if worst comes to worst, we can just injure Shaq in the first minute of a game again.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
7thwatch said:
I haven't seen Mr. Kool-Aid in awhile.

I remember the good old days where Kool-Aid would come out in full force if we expected to beat say, Utah on the road in a sole regular season game.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Rhyder said:

I remember the good old days where Kool-Aid would come out in full force if we expected to beat say, Utah on the road in a sole regular season game.
ahhh, the good ol days ;)

Mr. Kool-Aid is past his prime. He can't expect to see any more than spot minutes off the bench. And to think he used to be our most consistent player . . .

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Rhyder said:

:laugh:

It was so much fun, though, to passionately argue your point in those days about exactly why Travis Best deserved more floor time.

Now it's easier to see clearly...Bulls lose in second round to Heat. But they take two games...and ESPN experts pick them to win it all next year at which point we come back to win 32 games.

I need to get the Chicago out of me... :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Heat are nothing compared.

Stan Van Gundy? WTF?

Skiles is gonna be inside Shaq's head like a practitioner leaving various phantasmagoria there to haunt him in his dreams and on the hardwood. Once, if I remember well, Skiles grabbed Shaq by the skin of his teeth and mopped the floor with his gigantic *** 2 hours after a lazy Magic practice. Nothing's changed either...

It's called being realistic. The only thing we'd need is a healthy Hinrich and Deng and so on, outstanding performances from Eddy and Gordon, and good balance from everyone else, which is what they've been providing all year.

Stan Van Gundy? :laugh:

Hopefully he asks Jeff for some advice on Bull-beating.

The Bulls will make it to the Finals. To think otherwise is cold-hearted and somewhat silly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sloth said:
Here's the problem. The Bulls win because they play hard, and the other team plays less hard. In the playoffs, everyone plays hard. The Bulls no longer have that advantage. It remains to be seen whether the Bulls have another rung to their ladder. They need to get some playoff experience before they'll be ready for the later rounds.

Now, Washington and Cleveland don't have the experience either, so the second round is a distinct possibility. But the Heat, well, maybe next year.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Jonathan said:
Here's the problem. The Bulls win because they play hard, and the other team plays less hard. In the playoffs, everyone plays hard. The Bulls no longer have that advantage. It remains to be seen whether the Bulls have another rung to their ladder. They need to get some playoff experience before they'll be ready for the later rounds.

Now, Washington and Cleveland don't have the experience either, so the second round is a distinct possibility. But the Heat, well, maybe next year.
Big J needs to belly up to the bar and get himself a big heaping helping of some of the red stuff! Quit being so realistic!

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
On the actual topic of the thread....NO, but I can't blame people for thinking that.

And to paraphrase a great man.

All the kids would be drinking out of his open head where debris and stuff just fell in. No I don't wanna drink, you fix this wall before my dad gets home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
dkg1 said:
Big J needs to belly up to the bar and get himself a big heaping helping of some of the red stuff! Quit being so realistic!
All right, I'll give it a try.

:cheers: <- orange flavored?

Ahhhh.

The Bulls will easily sweep every team they face in the playoffs. Washington, Miami, Indiana, and Dallas will all fall under the steady defense and amazing offense of the mighty Bulls. Ben Gordon come off the bench to average 40 points in the fourth quarter, every game. Curry will play defense. Chandler will play offense. The Bulls will be unstoppable!

Then, in the off-season, they will trade Pargo for Kobe, Reiner for KG, and Hinrich for Jamal Crawford. They will then go on to win the next seven NBA championships.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts