Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, it is a tad early to begin speculating on the 2006 NBA Draft, but it is nevertheless fun anyway. So, please refrain from the emails saying this is useless exercise, I am not looking for anything to be taken as gospel. What I would like to see, and hopefully our friends at NBADraft.net can oblige, is a ranked list of the top prospects for the 2006 Draft. Call it a mock or just a list, it does not matter. I would like to see who we should be watching at this point. There has been plenty of discussion on these boards about players who are possibilities for the first overall pick, so why not stretch it a bit more. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The first pick in 2006 will be Yi Jianlian. Period.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
we didnt even have to 04 draft yet, and we are talking about 2006....??

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Some HS players for 2006:

Greg Oden - 6'11, 230 HS Soph (verballed to Indiana, he could be the first pick in 2006.

Jason Bennett - 7'1 230 HS Soph - needs to put on weight, but has a post game.

Vernon Macklin - 6'9 190 HS Soph - he may still be growing; needs to put on weight, but has good perimeter skills

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
OJ Mayo could be #1 in 2008 after 1 year of college. That far enough? :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Some HS players for 2006:

Greg Oden - 6'11, 230 HS Soph (verballed to Indiana, he could be the first pick in 2006.
A high-school soph has already verballed to a college! wow...thats young...and thats a big soph...

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>onecooljew</b>!
A high-school soph has already verballed to a college! wow...thats young...and thats a big soph...
I doubt Oden will ever see Bloomington; likely just a safety net should he not go pro.

That's not early at all anymore. Taylor King (HS FR, 6'6 190, G/F) committed to UCLA before he ever played HS :eek:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nimreitz</b>!

No it won't. Period.
Could you please explain? Do you see any player out who's more talented?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!
The first pick in 2006 will be Yi Jianlian. Period.
That's a little foolish to say he will be the top pick three drafts away, when the upcoming one is so uncertain. He may be the top prospect right now, but you can't say he will be the top pick period w/ any degree of confidnece, let alone "period."

Greg Oden might have something to say about that.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Mikhail Gribanov 6'4 PG Russia 1987

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

That's a little foolish to say he will be the top pick three drafts away, when the upcoming one is so uncertain. He may be the top prospect right now, but you can't say he will be the top pick period w/ any degree of confidnece, let alone "period."
Well, imagine Darko Milicic hadn't enter last year and would be available in the upcoming draft. We would say "he's the top-pick, period". Now Nemanja Aleksandrov, who's reportedly better than Milicic at the same age, will likely be on the boards in the 2005 Draft, and we can say "he's the top-pick, period," can't we? And since Yi Jianlian is younger and even better than Aleksandrov, we can say nothing but "he's the top-pick, period." That's what I think. :yes:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Yi is like 7'0'' and 91 pounds. He has DECENT athleticism, but certainly nothing like american born players like D Miles (which shows that athleticism doesn't really mean anything anyways). I don't think he'll be a good pro, he's not as tall or talented as Yao, but likely just as apethetic. If I'm a GM I would never take him.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!

Well, imagine Darko Milicic hadn't enter last year and would be available in the upcoming draft. We would say "he's the top-pick, period". Now Nemanja Aleksandrov, who's reportedly better than Milicic at the same age, will likely be on the boards in the 2005 Draft, and we can say "he's the top-pick, period," can't we? And since Yi Jianlian is younger and even better than Aleksandrov, we can say nothing but "he's the top-pick, period." That's what I think. :yes:
Bro, it's just that saying that anyone is a "lock" 2 years from now is ill-advised. There are a million things that could happen in that time. He could get injured, Oden could improve. Most places I've seen have Oden as the top guy for '06 anyway.

He may be the best prospect as of right now, but saying he is definitely going to be #1 pick in '06 is just guessing at this point.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
One Player to watch out for in the future

Watch out for this phenomenal talent in two years. His name is JamesOn Curry, and is probably the best player ever out of the state of North Carolina. He set state records for most points as a freshman, sophmore, and junior in all of North Carolina. He has 2,503 points career wise, and the kid is only a JUNIOR!!!

Get this. He verballed to UNC when he was a sophmore. Wow, give me a break. This kid is just flat out amazing.

6-3 185-pds

Watch out. North Carolina you have a superstar on your way.

JamesOn Curry

1 - 20 of 62 Posts