Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,792 Posts
realistically,

MELVIN ELY for the mle

SCOT POLLARD for the te from the mjax/lj3 trade or
if MILE ILIC comes over, use the te to get a better backup pg

free up roster spots by trying to trade jmac, not resigning murray and putting vaughn in the coaching staff
then pickup SPEEDY CLAXTON

pickup best available from the draft (JOSH BOONE?)
pickup a euro player and stash him in europe to develop with the 2nd rd pick

get DREJER, FIZER, ERIC CHENOWITH, NOEL FELIX, DERRICK ZIMMERMAN and SAM CLANCY to play for the nets' summer league

get a sg for the vets min like JIMMY JACKSON
or another backup pg who can shoot like BOBBY JACKSON or TONY DELK

· Registered
1,792 Posts
NetIncome said:
Wilcox is priced out of that range. Ely wont get the full MLE. Przybila will...maybe more, but I doubt it. Ariza with a good coach might be worth the LLE.

A lot depends on whether Ilic is coming over and what the Nets think he can give them.

I also agree with rollydog that the team still needs shooting.
i think pryzbilla will get more than the mle since he is still young and EVERY TEAM who needs a big man would not think twice offering him theirs so a team under the cap would give him more just to separate themselves from the others...

· Registered
1,792 Posts
NetIncome said:
There are few teams under the cap anymore. And not all of them need a center/pf. Orlando for example will be under the cap, but they have Howard and Milicic, both 20 years old and if they pan out, eligible for big paydays over the next couple of years. Chicago may be under the cap but by how much? Giving him more than the MLE, in this market, is risky. He also has had plantar faschiitis this year.
well i do hope nobody offers pryzbilla more since that means we have as good a chance as anyone grabbing him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.