Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,088 Posts
I still like Shelden Williams; He'll be a big upgrade to Zaza. I haven't watch many tournament matches (or can't stand to watch it- may be the final four'll get better) but people saying that there're 2 or 3 big men in the final four that could warrent Atlanta's interest.

Reactions: ATLien

· Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about Tyrus Thomas (LSU)?

I don't know about him. He seems to be like Josh Smith. Same height, great shotblocker, good rebounder, but not a very polished offensive game.

· Banned
900 Posts
my mock draft from what i've seen so far from the tournament is
1.Tyrus Tomas
2.Shelden Williams
3.Big Baby Dvis
4.Adam Morrison
5.Randy Foye
6.Noah
7.Lamarcus Aldridge
8.J.J Reddick
9.Andrea Bargiani
10.Brandon Roy
11.Ronnie Brewer
12.Carney
13.Mac Roberts
14.Fernandez
15.Rajon Rondo
16.Al Horford
17.Kevin Pittsnogle
18.Marcus Williams
19.Patrick O'Bryant
20.Hilton Armstrong

That's my first 20

· Registered
3,481 Posts
Thomas would provide some good post defense, both help and man at the power forward spot. With his thin frame, he wouldn't be able to slide over to center though, which Shelden Williams probably can from time to time. Aldridge would give the Hawks some nice post scoring. All interesting options. Depends on what type of big man the Hawks want. I'd go with Thomas or Aldridge. Thomas if you want energy, rebounding, and defense.

I doubt either will be available for the Hawks, unless they win a top 3 selection.

502 Posts
greekbullsfan said:
my mock draft from what i've seen so far from the tournament is
1.Tyrus Tomas
2.Shelden Williams
3.Big Baby Dvis
4.Adam Morrison
5.Randy Foye
6.Noah
7.Lamarcus Aldridge
8.J.J Reddick
9.Andrea Bargiani
10.Brandon Roy
11.Ronnie Brewer
12.Carney
13.Mac Roberts
14.Fernandez
15.Rajon Rondo
16.Al Horford
17.Kevin Pittsnogle
18.Marcus Williams
19.Patrick O'Bryant
20.Hilton Armstrong

That's my first 20
No Rudy Gay? Lmfao

· Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is Chad Ford's Top 10..

01. LaMarcus Aldridge, 6'10", PF, Texas
02. Tyrus Thomas, 6'9", PF, LSU
03. Andrea Bargnani, 7'0", PF, Italy
04. Joakim Noah, 7'0", PF/C, Florida
05. Adam Morrison, 6'8", SF, Gonzaga
06. Josh McRoberts, 6'10", SF/PF, Duke
07. Rudy Gay, 6'9", SF, Connecticut
08. Brandon Roy, 6'5", SG, Washington
09. Randy Foye, 6'4", PG/SG, Villanova
10. Al Horford, 6'9", PF, Florida
His top four would all fill a position of need, but where is Marcus Williams?!

· Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Atlanta should draft somebody who is big, plays defense, and is not soft. If you meet those requirements, then welcome.

Al Harrington and Zaza Pachulia's "defense" is really starting to get frustrating to watch.

502 Posts
TheATLien said:
Atlanta should draft somebody who is big, plays defense, and is not soft. If you meet those requirements, then welcome.

Al Harrington and Zaza Pachulia's "defense" is really starting to get frustrating to watch.
Just my biased opinion, but I think Marcus would help your guys team a hundred times more than another bigman, who might or might not pan out. I see Marcus as more of a sure thing than any of the bigman prospects in this draft outside of Aldridge.

· Registered
3,703 Posts
For you to know who is going to be available, your going to have to wait until the draft lotto.

Tryus Thomas looks amazing, but he is also a very risky top 3 pick IMO. There is no for sure number one.

Chicago, Charlotte, Portland, Atlanta, Toronto. They all could end up with the top pick. They all have big-man needs (since Joel Pryz. plans to leave). However, they may decide to take Morrison or even Rudy Gay instead, because they like him.

If the hawks are looking to fill an immediate need in the middle, i suggest they trade down a select Sheldon Williams.

That way you might be able to get another pick and nab a PG while your at it like Lowry or Curtis Stinson (who may be available at the top of the 2nd round)

· Premium Member
116,017 Posts
TheATLien said:
I don't know if the 4th or 5th pick would have much trade value..

Never know. Wizards got Jamison couple yrs ago for 5th pick. Dallas then drafted Pavel whatever the **** his last name is.

Or maybe package Harrington with it for something possibly.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
dissonance19 said:
Never know. Wizards got Jamison couple yrs ago for 5th pick. Dallas then drafted Pavel whatever the **** his last name is.

They drafted Devin Harris.

To the point. I don't think that Tyrus is a very good fit for you guys. It was said earlier that he doesn't have the size to slide over to Center. It's true, he's 100% a PF. You guys need someone that is capable of playing center. Aldridge should be your best bet. Noah would also be fantastic but he, for some reason, might not declare. IMO for you guys it is Aldridge/Marcus Williams or bust.

· Premium Member
70,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dissonance19 said:

Hmm, interesting. What type of player could Al + first retrieve?

· Registered
1,088 Posts
bruno34115 said:
They drafted Devin Harris.

To the point. I don't think that Tyrus is a very good fit for you guys. It was said earlier that he doesn't have the size to slide over to Center. It's true, he's 100% a PF. You guys need someone that is capable of playing center. Aldridge should be your best bet. Noah would also be fantastic but he, for some reason, might not declare. IMO for you guys it is Aldridge/Marcus Williams or bust.
There're not much true centers in the NBA. A good PF will do the job nicely.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.