Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Some of my thoughts on Saturday's action:

-Juice Williams is the best QB in the Big Ten. He has finally taken the steps forward in the passing game to become a very good QB. He played bad the last few minutes but he kept Illinois in the game with some perfectly placed deep throws.

-Michigan is in for a long year, as in possibly not making a bowl game. Sheridan was a turnover waiting to happen and if thats not enough he has the weakest arm I have seen in sometime. Threet threw a nice deep ball but he is clueless in the intermediate game. Their running game is non-existant, and their pass defense leaves a lot to be desired. Looking at their schedule they have 8 potential games they could still lose. If ND beats them they will only win 1 of their first 5 games (if they sneak by Miami of Ohio). Sorry Wolverine fans your going to stink this year. Tons of young talent that hopefully gets better as the year goes on.

-Mark Sanchez is going to be the best QB in college football this year from what I saw against Virginia. He is the most talented QB to ever suit up in the PC era. Great arm strength, good accuracy, and makes good decisions. Coupled with the talent around him and you have a deadly QB.

-Matt Stafford is going to have a great year. Made great decisions and looked very good today. He could be a dark horse in the Heisman race.

-VT will win 7-9 games because the ACC is weak. The ACC has proven to be the weakest conference by far through one week.

-Clemson, and Pitt are two teams I'm never going to be high on again. Both are poorly coached and got whipped opening game.

-Oregon has a really good defense. They will challenge USC for the pac-10 title this year.

-Pat White looked good throwing the football but West Virginias defense looked rather average. That will need to improve for them to make a national title run.

-Penn State and Illinois both have the guns to challenge OSU for the big 10 title.

-Congrats to JoePa for getting win 373.

-Wisconsin is going to have a typical Badger season. Beat all the teams they should and stink it up against teams that are as good or better than them. They have a good defense, and the best running game in america but Everidge looked average today definitely not good enough to keep defense's honest.

-Shun White for Navy had 348 rushing yards.

-Bama will challenge in the SEC west. JPW looked good today and they have some good young talent.

-The best true freshman saturday was not Julio Jones or AJ Green. It was Alabama RB Mark Ingram and OSU super freshman Terrelle Pryor. Kid is going to be really good for the Tide (Ingram) and Pryor will play a Tebow like role and have a Tebow type impact. OSU fans hope it end the same way.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
bball2223's updated Heisman candidates after week 1 (with stats):

1. Tim Tebow- W vs. Hawaii (56-10)

Passing: 9/14 137 yards 1 TD
Rushing: 9 carries for 37 yards

Comments: Really can't gauge it from todays game. Hawaii stood no chance and Meyer didn't want Tebow hurt.

2. Mark Sanchez- W vs. Virginia (52-7)

Passing: 26/35 338 yards 3 TDs 1 pick
Rushing: 1 carry for 6 yards

Comments: The knee didn't bother him at all, and he proved why USC fans were so high on him. Great player poised to have a great year if he is healthy.

3. Pat White- W vs. Villanova (48-21)

Passing: 25/33 208 yards 5 TDs 1 Pick
Rushing: 9 carries for 63 yards

Comments: Good game through the air. Inferior competiton but he looked sharp Saturday.

4. Graham Harrell- W vs. Eastern Washington (49-24)

Passing: 43/58 536 yards 2 TDs 1 Pick
Rushing: 2 carries for 2 yards and a TD

Comments: The passing yards are enough proof why he is in my top 5.

5. Beanie Wells- W vs. Youngstown State (43-0)

Rushing: 13 carries 111 yards 1 TD
Receiving: 3 catches for 10 yards

Comments: Had he not gotten hurt he would have retained the #1 spot. The injury leaves some questions about when he will be fully healthy again.

Barely Missed: Chase Daniel, Juice Williams, Shun White, PJ Hill, Justin Scott, Joe McKnight

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
bball2223's top ten:

1. Ohio State W 43-0 vs. Youngstown State (1-0) Next: Ohio
2. USC W 52-7 vs. Virginia (1-0) Next: Bye
3. Georgia W 45-21 vs. Georgia Southern (1-0) Next: Central Michigan
4. Oklahoma W 57-2 vs. Chattanooga (1-0) Next: Cincinnati
5. Florida W 56-10 vs. Hawaii (1-0) Next: Miami (Fla)
6. Missouri W 52-42 vs. Illinois (1-0) Next: SE Missouri St.
7. West Virginia W 48-21 vs. Villanova (1-0) Next: Eastern Carolina
8. LSU W 41-10 vs. Appalachian State (1-0) Next: Troy
9. Alabama W 34-10 vs. Clemson (1-0) Next: Tulane
10. Auburn W 34-0 vs. ULM (1-0) Next: Southern Miss

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Louisville has fallen off hard. Kentucky has a good defense but a below average offense. They will have a decent year in the SEC.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Too many college football threads on personal forums. LOL. Should just merge all three and move them to College Football General or something.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
I think you're over reacting on Bama at 9 right now. We don't know how good Clemson really is, or if they could do it to another team. I'd have concerns about JP Wilson doing that consistently.

lol, I noticed your Heisman list. Did I not say about one of either Sanchez or McKnight will end up being in the convo. Especially, if USC is going to contend. :D

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I think you're overrating on Bama at 9 right now. We don't know how good Clemson really is, or if they could do it to another team. I'd have concerns about JP Wilson doing that consistently.

lol, I noticed your Heisman list. Did I not say about one of either Sanchez or McKnight will end up being in the convo. Especially, if USC is going to contend. :D
:lol: you did. Sanchez was impressive as hell yesterday. Sarkisian is looking like he is just as good a developer of talent as Stormin norman was.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Darrell Scott looked good for Colorado tonight. 11 carries for 54 yards and a TD.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
bball2223's top 10 after week 2:

1. USC bye (1-0) Next: Ohio State
2. Georgia W 56-17 vs. Central Michigan (2-0) Next: South Carolina
3. Ohio State W 26-14 vs. Ohio U (2-0) Next: USC
4. Oklahoma W 52-26 vs. Cincinnati (2-0) Next: Washington
5. Florida W 26-3 vs. Miami (2-0) Next: Bye
6. Missouri W 52-3 vs. SEMO St. (2-0) Next: Nevada
7. LSU TBD vs. Troy (postponed) (1-0) Next: North Texas
8. Auburn W 27-13 vs. Southern Miss (2-0) Next: Mississippi State
9. Texas W 42-13 vs. UTEP (2-0) Next: Arkansas
10. ECU W 24-3 vs. West Virginia (2-0) Next: Tulane

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
bball2223's heisman top 5 after week 2:

1. Tim Tebow- W vs. Miami 26-3

Passing: 21/35 for 256 2 TD's, no picks.
Rushing: 13 carries for 55 yards

Year to date Stats:

Passing: 30/49 for 393 3 TD's, no picks
Rushing: 22 carries for 92 Yards

2. Knowshon Moreno- W 56-17 vs. Central Michigan

Rushing: 18 carries for 168 yards and 3 TD's.
Receiving: 3 catches for 30 yards

Year to date stats:

Rushing: 26 carries for 227 yards and 6 TD's.
Receiving: 5 catches for 83 yards

3. Mark Sanchez- Bye

-Didn't play this week but one bye week won't change much. No one else proved worthy of taking his place in the top 5

Year to date stats:

Passing: 26/35 for 338 yards 3 TDs, 1 pick.

4. Mike Crabtree- W 35-19 vs. Nevada

Receiving: 7 catches for 158 yards 1 TD

Year to date stats:

Receiving: 16 catches for 231 yards 2 TD's

5. Matt Stafford- W 56-17 vs. Central Michigan

Passing: 18 for 28 213 yards and 2 TD's.

Year to date stats:

Passing: 31/49 for 488 yards 4 TDs and no picks.

-If Knowshon has a great game against South Carolina look for him to jump Tebow.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
bball2223's top 5 heisman candidates (no stats this week):

1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Sam Bradford
3. Mark Sanchez
4. Tim Tebow
5. Chase Daniel

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
bball2223's top 10:

1. USC
2. UGA
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. Missouri
6. LSU
7. Auburn
8. Texas
9. Wisconsin
10. Penn State

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Auburn's too high, IMO. They shouldn't be in the top ten.
Their offense is pretty non-existant, but their defense is what's going to keep them in games. Second best defense other than USC IMO, but one of the worst offenses in the SEC. I guess this week will prove one of us right.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I think I might have predicted Auburn to finish ahead of LSU, so I should probably go ahead & get on board.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts