Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did FSU lose to South Alabama?

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
How did FSU lose to South Alabama?
We're not very good. Lost 6 seniors from last year's squad, all of which were in the rotation. We don't have a PG and have some very raw young talent. It was tough to watch but not entirely shocking. Miller and Snaer can score, but this isn't going to be a vintage Leonard Hamilton defensive squad.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shabazz Muhammad debuts tonight vs Georgetown 8:00 EST on ESPN2

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shabazz Muhammad Time

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shabazz not having a good showing so far.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Man i cant wait till Big East Play to see what MCW can do there. Right now his stat line is 11ppg 8apg 5rpg 1bpg 4spg

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jahii Carson(ASU) is very good has 23 points and 7 assist vs Creighton with 11+ mins to go.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
MCW 11ppg 9apg 6rpg 3spg

if he would cut down on the TO he would be the best player in college basketball right now

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've never hated watching a player play more than Kyle Anderson.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jahii Carson > Shabazz Muhammad

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
I just hope the Big Ten teams have enough left for the tourney (the big one, not the conference tournament) after beating each other up. One of those five teams is due to win it all this year.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
FWIW, Duke would be the worst defensive team in the last 10 years to win it all according to Kenpom, although not by much. Still, that has been a reliable metric to eliminate a lot of teams in recent seasons. And while a team like Michigan is fun to watch, they are also endangered to be upset early because of those deficiencies on defense.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I actually have looked through kenpom for about a decade in search of a "profile" for a national title team. Keep in mind that winning 6 straight games against tournament teams will give any team a boost. UConn in 2011 is the big exception that proves the rule.

1) The team is always #1 or #2 in offensive efficiency.

2) The team is either the #1 or #2 in Offensive or Defensive eFG%, OR they are roughly top 10 in both. The only other exception for this is UNC in 2009, but they seem to have an eFG% deficiency kind of like how Wisconsin breaks the ratings, so they are the team to pick if they fulfill #1 and there is no other team that is both 1 and 2. In 2007, for example, UNC would have fit #1, but Florida fit both.

If you're curious, 2011 Ohio State, via this system, SHOULD have won the title, but it's hard to find other teams who fit the profile and didn't win.

In the last 10 years, the only two teams to have won that didn't fit the profile were Syracuse and 2011 UConn. There was no team that fit the profile in 2003 though.

This year it points to Florida, but Indiana and Gonzaga could also meet the criteria.

Personally, I think Duke is the best team, so I'm actually kind of curious what Duke's eFG% is with Kelly in the lineup and if it would put them into the national top 5.

I identified this system in 2010 and banged Duke to win my bracket. Last year I was second in the BBF one with Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
So interesting bubble case with Iowa. They are going to win 20 games plus 10 in the Big 10 which has historically meant an at-large bid, but they played a total bullshit OOC schedule and an easy conference slate playing Michigan, MSU, and OSU only once each. On the one hand, I think screw them for that schedule, but on the other... I think they are actually kind of good. Better than Virginia at least.

They probably have no chance without beating Sparty tomorrow, but still, it would be uncommon for a major conference team to miss with their win totals.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts