Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Re: 2012 Heat Media Day

Media Day day!

Watching an NBATV playback of the Finals. Cole has put on serious muscle since then, per the recent pics. I love how great our staff is at developing bodies, between he and Pitt this summer alone.

When the hell did LeBron get to Miami? He hasn't discussed it on twitter and there still isn't a shot/mention of him getting his ring sized.

Can't wait to see Garrett Temple in his Heat jersey!

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hopefully the Heat put up a clip of Lebron getting fitted for his ring, like they did with Wade.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

Bold prediction: Every single poster on the Heat forum will have a new avatar by 8 PM tonight.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts

Gotta love Media Day - looking forward to some awesome pics and interviews. Season 2012/2013!

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts

Can anyone cut the Pepsi part off of this??

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

This?

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

So safe to say we know who our tentative starters are?

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson
LeBron James: "I'm not satisfied.''
What the hell does he have in store this season?

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

Lebron has been working with KD a lot this summer apparently, even after the Olympics in Akron.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts

Spo on Norris:

"He had a great summer. I really like the work he put in . . . and he did it with an absolute open mind to it."

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Spo
Erik Spoelstra: “We’re the only team right now that can have an opportunity to win a title two years in a two.’’

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
Spoelstra: "I'm not even going to use the word repeat. We have an opportunity to win another title."

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
Spoelstra: "Everybody will be gunning for us this year. Teams are loaded up. That's what it's all about."

Joseph Goodman ‏@MiamiHeraldHeat
Spoelstra: "We're sharpening our tools for warfare."
Spo on Ray and Rashard
Spoelstra says change has been "extremely energizing" for Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.

Surya Fernandez ‏@SuryaHeatNBA
Spo - "Sometimes change can be energizing. It's an opportunity for a new beginning. Ray looks like he's in his mid-20s."

Spoelstra, on Allen, Lewis "It almost seems as if they've rewound the clock. Ray seems like he's in the mid-20s."

Spoelstra says Rashard Lewis told him that he's been able to pick up his kids for first time in 2 years, b/c his knee feels better.

Spoelstra on Rashard Lewis - "He's a multi-skilled player. He's longer than you remember. He can post up. He can defend multiple positions."

Spo on Rashard Lewis: "He's probably the only 33 year old in this league who's salivating at the idea of training camp."

Erik Spoelstra: “We haven’t really had a catch and shoot player with ability and skill set of Ray (Allen).’’

Spoelstra on Ray Allen - "He strikes fear. We know about that fear."
Spo on Lebron
Spoelstra: "This season isn't about preservation. LeBron James wouldn't have it any other way."

Spoelstra on LeBron: "He might surprise us again this season... He has a bigger eye on team legacy.''

Spoelstra says "legends" like LeBron "are greedy."
Spo on Wade
Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds
Spo reiterates from yesterday: Dwyane Wade will practice Sat., on some level. "We'd like to put him in a position to be ready for Game 1."

Erik Spoelstra on Dwyane Wade's knee: “We’d like to put him in a position to be ready for Game 1 (regular season)’’

Spoelstra says to expect to see D-Wade's "cat-quickness again" this season after he's completely healthy.

Spo: Allen and Wade will play together "quite a bit."
Spo on Bosh
Spoelstra: "I don't want Chris Bosh to bulk up. That makes no sense for how we want to play."

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Dwyane Wade, on returning from arthroscopic knee surgery, "I will get stronger and stronger as the year goes on...
"For me it's all about how efficient can I be."

What is Dwyane Wade's injury status? He says even if it was the Finals, he wouldn't be able to play.

Dwyane Wade on the Lakers.
“You can’t say you’re shocked about the Lakers making a move,'' Wade said. "They’ve proven they’ve made big moves often. Steve Nash is probably the biggest shocker. They’ve put themselves in position to win a championship… it makes the league more competitive… They make you work harder.’’

D-Wade appears to be carrying more weight than last season before training camp. Understandable considering the surgery and book tour.

Dwyane Wade's goal for the season? "I want to get all my percentages up."

For all the sneakerheads out there, Dwyane Wade wearing Jordan today at the media day photo shoots.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

LeBron , on where he stands, "I've accomplished a lot of things, a lot of goals, but I'm not satisfied with that."

LeBron: "I'm my own man, and I need to leave my own mark."

LeBron on being called the best player in world: "I mean, I've thought that for a long time. That's just the confidence that I play with."

LeBron - "I will use this full preseason to continue to work at it and get back into game shape."

LBJ on a title: "I want that feeling again. ... I'm looking forward to the challenge."

LeBron: "It was a pretty good year for myself, but I'm not satisfied with it."

Shandel Richardson ‏@ShandelRich
LeBron on training with Durant: "We've been training with each other since the (NBA) Finals."

LeBron: "It's scary to look in the locker room today, and say we can be better than we were this past season."

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Chris Bosh says he did not try to bulk up. Spoelstra told him to play fast. "You can't play fast and add pounds. My advantage is quickness."

Chris Bosh's goal for the season, "My mid-range game. I just want to become more consistent, more efficient."

Bosh: "My advantage is my quickness against other 5s. I'm not going to bang down low, play like Shaq. Because I'm not."

Bosh on playing the 5: "We messed around and won a championship. I messed myself over in that regard." (Yes, he's laughing.)

Chris Bosh: "I made my piece with it, I want to be one of the best 5s in the league."

Chris Bosh, on the Heat's position-less, free-flowing style, "Not only does it work, but it's a fun style to play."

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Michael Wallace ‏@WallaceNBA_ESPN
Heat media day full of interesting nuggets. None funnier than Wade clowning LeBron for an apparent sun tan.

Chalmers on who will win the shooting contests: "Me. Of course."
:laugh:

Jorts

790 is doing interviews from the arena.

http://www.theticketmiami.com/

Lebatard is taping interviews with Lebron, Wade, Ray and others as well

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Ethan Skolnick just said on 790 that Wade looks lighter, which is different than what Joseph Goodman said.

Pittman

Norris does look a bit more cut up

\

Shane Battier on Miami's position-less philosophy: "The new rumor is that Joel Anthony is our point guard."
:rotf:

1 - 20 of 472 Posts