Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Best of luck to Andrew Nicholson in the NBA Draft.

NBA Draft.net (1st and 2nd Round - Updated Saturday, June 16, 2012)

# 22 - Boston - Andrew Nicholson - 6-10, 234-lb. PF - St. Bonaventure
# 58 - Minnesota - Ramone Moore - 6-5, 188-lb. SG - Temple

draftexpress.com (1st and 2nd Round - Updated Monday, June 18, 2012)

# 24 - Boston - Andrew Nicholson - 6-9, 234-lb. PF - St. Bonaventure
# 60 - L.A Lakers - Tu Holloway - 6-0, 187-lb PG - Xavier

Bleacher Report (1st Round Only - Updated Monday, June 18, 2012)

# 21 - Boston Celtics - Andrew Nicholson - St. Bonaventure

Reactions: FlyingElvis

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Chad Ford currently has Nicholson at #21 as well to Boston.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Like I said in the other thread...as a Boston native and fan I would be thrilled to have Nicholson on our team next year. There's a chance he goes earlier than that, but I really doubt he'll make it past the Celtics. That should be the bottom for where he gets drafted.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There was a tweet someone posted on UDPride the other day, from some NBA draft guy with I forget where that said based upon the # of workouts and the reports out of the workouts that he feels Chris Johnson is likely to get drafted in the 2nd round. I know he's floated in/out of the later half of the 2nd round in a couple of mock drafts over the last couple of seasons, so we shall see.

When is draft day? Seems like its usually pretty close to the end of the playoffs, mid July perhaps?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
When is draft day? Seems like its usually pretty close to the end of the playoffs, mid July perhaps?
2 days after Game 7 of the Finals... if necessary.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Here's the tweet:

Vin Parise ‏@VinParise
College Basketball Insider for NBC Sports Network & Cox Communications. Contributor to WFAN Radio & MSG Television.
Dayton's Chris Johnson, who has worked out for Oklahoma City, Phili, Milwaukee & Washington, now seems to be a lock for mid 2nd round...

for whatever its worth

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
You missed a couple there Muddy.

Best of luck to Ramone Moore and Tu Holloway.
Not really.

Temple has joined the Big East, and *EDIT* is a thug who was suspended by Xavier for his part in the Skyline Chili Punch-out.

Please stop stalking me and harasing me.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Not really.

Temple has joined the Big East, and Tool Holloway is a thug who was suspended by Xavier for his part in the Skyline Chili Punch-out.

Please stop stalking me and harasing me.

Hey Mud, it's Tu Holloway. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was another typo similar to when you mistakenly called another Xavier player Sewage.

Tu led Xavier to 3 A-10 championships, 4 NCAA tournaments and 3 Sweet 16's. Further, he never put Xavier in the position of being placed on a multi-year NCAA probation. I do think, though, there was another A-10 school just north of Cincinnati on I-75 that was in that position. Any links, Muddy Waters, to remind me?

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Good luck to all A-10'ers on June 28th. I'll be in the audience with my son, who is a huge NBA fan. I'm hoping to become a bigger fan of the NBA myself next year.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I think CJ has a pretty decent chance of getting drafted and at least landing on team like Wright did. Very tempting to take him as a 2 guard with his length and athleticism. It will be real funny if CJ gets drafted or makes a team while Frease plays with Burrell in Kazakstan after A10fan2 declaring that Frease has a better shot then any UD player in the NBA.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
Good luck to Ramone Moore, Andrew Nicholson, Tu Holloway, and Chris Johnson (who I'm not sure has a realistic chance). Having 4 players who will be in the NBA next year is a good reflection upon the level of play in our league.

As a Celtics fan who hates almost all of the players on the Celtics roster, I would love to add Nicholson to our team. It would actually get me back into being a Celtics fan, which I do hope to be again. And please Celtics if you pick him, don't trade him like you did with MarShon Brooks.. Don't break my heart again.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Good luck to Ramone Moore, Andrew Nicholson, Tu Holloway, and Chris Johnson (who I'm not sure has a realistic chance). Having 4 players who will be in the NBA next year is a good reflection upon the level of play in our league.

As a Celtics fan who hates almost all of the players on the Celtics roster, I would love to add Nicholson to our team. It would actually get me back into being a Celtics fan, which I do hope to be again. And please Celtics if you pick him, don't trade him like you did with MarShon Brooks.. Don't break my heart again.
CJ has as much chance of success in the NBA that Holloway has. College game doesn't always translate to NBA. Holloway was a stud in college, nationally known player. But he's a 6'0" PG that will be asked to guard 6'3"-6'5" PGs in the NBA. He's not the pure shooter CJ is either. What I'm saying is, CJ translates to a 2 guard in the NBA better then Tu does to PG in the NBA. Just my opinion.

Nicholson is a lock for a mid to late first round pick. I'd say Moore is next, then a toss up between Tu and CJ.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Nicholson to Boston would be an ideal fit, but I really doubt he's going to fall that far. Someone will nab him in that 12-20 range before the C's get the chance.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
CJ has as much chance of success in the NBA that Holloway has. College game doesn't always translate to NBA. Holloway was a stud in college, nationally known player. But he's a 6'0" PG that will be asked to guard 6'3"-6'5" PGs in the NBA. He's not the pure shooter CJ is either. What I'm saying is, CJ translates to a 2 guard in the NBA better then Tu does to PG in the NBA. Just my opinion.

Nicholson is a lock for a mid to late first round pick. I'd say Moore is next, then a toss up between Tu and CJ.
I'm not questioning that, believe me. As a fan of Jose Juan Barea from NU, I know you don't have to be drafted and highly regarded to have success. I'm just saying that I don't think CJ has a realistic chance of being drafted, despite what a few delusional Dayton fans say..

1 - 20 of 178 Posts